1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to do, what to do...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Haka007, Mar 15, 2014.

1. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

::) So apart from jumping on a boat/kayak what do we all do at this time of year?
    Seems though fishing is quite poor atm all I have found myself doing is watching fishing, dreaming fishing and spending money on fishing, everything apart from actual fishing. Just waiting for time to hurry up so we can get out and catch fish!
    Does anyone have any goals for this season any particular species they want to catch? Venue they would like to fish or even try a different method of fishing??
    For me I would like to catch my first beach cod and also try lrf - looks very interesting besides im sick of lugging the kitchen sink around with me.
    Anyway whats other peoples thoughts etc?

P.s. let's start to see the thread views match the thread replies so even if u skim through shot us a few lines

Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

2. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

for me i want to catch a tope from the shore. through the summer i love fishing for the flat fish on the solway with my little lad.
    at the end of this month am going to try n catch one of these 5lb plus plaice ive been told about that turn up for only 3weeks of the year at a place just north of port patrick.

mick

Sent from my LG-E610 using Tapatalk

3. andym

andym Rockling

Hoping to get my young son into some kayak fish Including Tope and would like to get my first bullhuss too

4. Haka007

Haka007 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Better Than All The Rest!

Well done lads and thanks for the replys. Good luck to yous. I dont know about you but I think this year is the one!! Haha

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk

5. robq

robq Rockling

Its a tough time of year really

Beaches patchy, rock dead unless good seas, land rock from boat not really kicking off just yet :-\

I tend to have a bit of a rest feb, march, april and catch up on DIY and decorating etc to earn brownie points :)

As soon as may arrives and hopefully some settled conditions its lrf, boat fishing and a bit of puddle bashing when the winds misbehaves :p

6. alan whitwell

alan whitwell Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I normally do a fair few competitions on the puddles but this year its all about my little lad, he's really started to show a intrest so its taking him mainly for me, he's only 5 so there's gonna b abit of flattie bashing and learning the pole on the puddles :)