1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Rigs and Leads for the Uptiding Comp

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Uata the Watcher, Nov 7, 2013.

1. The title sez it all

I would be thinking 2x6/0 hooks on a Pennel and maybe a 6oz weight

Other suggestions ?

Cheers

U

2. driffangler

driffangler Hull City A.F.C "Come on u Tigers"

simple as possible for me 6 oz breakaway lead, as for rig couldn't be simpler attach snap ling to the end of your main line and use this to attach your lead, then off the same snap link attach your hooklength with another snaplink.

When casting hang the hook off one of the lead wires to stop tangles.

3. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

I'd just add that a long snood around 4 or 5 feet long seems to work best ;)

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Pully penal rig for me every time if you get a double figure fish they hug the bottom until under the boat also a 6/7oz grip lead. The sharpest hooks you can find in the shop size 6/0 and I alway use a rotten bottom last year I could of lost my pb uptiding cod of 14lb if I had not used one.

Tight lines Chris

5. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

That's interesting Chris! I was thinking about using a pulley rig but everyone seems to use a long snood clipped to the lead link. I had so many dropped bites - as did everyone else - that I wondered if the fish were feeling the resistance of the lead and dropping the bait (if they didn't hook themselves)?
    With a pulley rig the fish would be able to take a bit of line before feeling the resistance and maybe my hookup rate would improve - what do you think?
    What length of hook snood do you use?

6. peter catchpole

peter catchpole Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i was in a comp on a boat everybody was uptideing ,i kept trotting down tide lifting the lead letting it go a couple of yards then letting it settle for a few mins ,i thrashed the lot of them ;) give it a try

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

thats how they do it down south peter, i also used this when wreck anchoring, even off here on a small tide, it amazing how much lead is needed

8. david blake

david blake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

is that classed as uptideing in the comp ;) pully rig 4 me