1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is a "Pilk" rod?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Willy Nelson, Feb 8, 2008.

1. Willy Nelson

Willy Nelson I hate fishing with the Slug.

Probably a stupid question but was is a "Pilk" rod? :embarrass: :embarrass: :embarrass:

2. steerser

steerser Blenny

never heard of one, but i know that norwegians call pirks pilks so maybe its a rod for working pirks...

3. scoot

scoot New Member

Is it one of those rods that use when they cut a hole in the ice .think they about a foot in lenght :confused:

4. Daz Taylor

Daz Taylor New Member

Steerser is spot on. It's a pirking rod, but they are more often a lot lighter than what we would use and are often rung for fixed spool use, although we are seeing a steady increase in those designed for multipliers. Generally they are quite tippy as they are designed to flick the lighter pilks (pirks) through the water.
    Probably good yakking tools.

5. scoot

scoot New Member

Wrong again .But was only a guess anyway :embarrass:

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

learn summat new every day :surprise:

7. martin

martin New Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKZzuxYDTsA

If thats the case im going to use one longer than a foot next time i try it

8. the slug

the slug Nelson is a homo

might be better than casting with than your cheapo pillock rod nelson :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

9. Willy Nelson

Willy Nelson I hate fishing with the Slug.

Oi Slug no need, you know you inherit all my old rods when I get bored and need to buy shiny new ones. The Pilk may well be coming your way some day :butt: :butt: :butt: