1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT IS A NEW AREA OF THE COUNTRY YOU WOULD LIKE TO TRY ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by big cliff, Jul 31, 2010.

1. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Is there a new area of the country you would like to try , I would like to have a bash at the large common skate from the shore
    around the Isle of Harris , try a few places in the Orkneys and give the Shetlands a good going over where you are never more
    a couple of miles from the shore and headlands that point in every possible direction , it looks like a dream venue to me , the area
    running up north of Dornoch in northern scotland up to the very north coast

2. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

Oban for shore caught skate

3. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

one of quints and rays bass marks

4. vtech

vtech Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

The isle of man kind of appeals to me, been to the TT loads of times but not being an angler until lately i have never fished there.
    Another place is Guernsey, my father is from there st Andrews and he says it was great fishing there back in the day. I will have to try Guernsey i still have cousins there so no excuse really. But sadly the isle of man i doubt i will ever fish there. :sad:

5. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i wouldn't mind a bash at the bass fishing in ireland alan , ok its not this country, but would not be farther than the orkneys- even i might catch one on plugs there - get your thinking cap on , and let me know when its all sorted- ha ha

6. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

The i.o.m was the first time i ever fished the sea,way back in 1969 we also went for the TT, we bought some micky mouse tackle from one of shops at peel harbour small spinning rods with dodgy reels/line and some small spinners we caught dozens of macky's that was it i was hooked,recently me and her indoors have been talking about a trip there in the next couple of years to be honest i cant wait,i've done a bit of research over the last few months, look's really interesting i think it holds a lot of potential being in the gulf stream it holds a wide variety of fish ,so watch this space :wink:....mick

7. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

More of the yorkshire coast for me, I just love it, there are so many areas ive yet to see and fish..................although 1 area im desparate to fish is Nth Hawsker on a decent sea, heard so much about it just need to experience it.....................

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

MOG or Wexford Southern Ireland.

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,ve fished both in the past Glenn, but for me no area holds more interest than the Yorkshire coast. There's so much more to learn. Why put down a good book half way through, to start another :cheesy: Wouldn't mind having a shot at Baramundi if they ever happen to stray around here! or any other of the Whitby lads come to think of it :laugh:

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

lol, Now now Raymond :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

11. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Southern Ireland

Isle of Lewis, (I was once told that it has a fantastic potential for some very large shore cod although it is famous for some big skate from Breaslceate pier).

But most of all some more of the Yorkshire coast, not too far to travel for a good little adventure :happy:

Regards Ian

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Like others have said our coast here, I must have fished 5% of it so when I fished it all I el try somewhere else.

13. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

i will be fishing new territory shortly.. the region around dunbar... i am having a weeks holiday in a cottage close to the sea and never been there, so its going to be first for me..
    any tips or info would help. :wink: :wink:
    if i had the time and money to do it i would love to start fishing at covend on the west coast then turn right and keep fishing.... finish at st abbs on the east coast.... dreaming again !!!! :laugh: :laugh:
    cheers
    Paul

14. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

I'm going to try Dorset in august I'm of plugging for 3 days with Mark padfield

15. Crab

Crab Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any where in the south west where theres a chance of a 20lb+ congar off the shore, one off the few species the Yorkshire coast lacks.

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

fished south west Ireland (Dingle peninsula) as a kid and it was amazing so would like to try there again. Would also like to try Norway and Iceland

17. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Try off the rocks just to the left of the harbour at Dunbar for cod on peeler / lug cocktails , also Sicker point near pease bay could be worth looking at, plus bass fishing next to the nuclear power station

18. kipper

kipper New Member

i too am off to dorset in august buzz, where do you intend to fish? i am taking my scupper pro.

i agree wih you ian the yorkshire coast is a great area.

19. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

The fella who I'm going fishing with is a guide I'm not paying him I've been speaking to him for a while him and his mate Richard and they offered Tongans ne with them I think we will be fishing chesil beach and a few other marks I'm not allowed to take the kayak it our honey moon

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

you're getting married to a bass fishing guide Ian? :laugh: