1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Cod Baits Do You Rate As The Best ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/best-cod-fishing-baits

What order would you place these baits in. Would you change the top 10 ??

How about Cart ?

2. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fair comment I think,but don't rate ragworm very highly,rather use a full squid(dirty)than use ragworm,or a squid n mussle cocktail ;)
    N cart can be devastating :eek: ;D

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I am pretty much in agreement with your list Glenn , I also believe Ragworm is a very good bait [ Not the farmed stuff ] when used in the right place , harder bottoms ----- All the baits mentioned should take fish
    when conditions are good , other baits that can sort the fish out are parps [ when they honk ] cockles tipping off a lugworm bait on a cleanish bottom , fish baits maacky / bluey especially when used in cocktails of the other
    mentioned baits , I think the golden rule is try and take a few quality baits with you because you never know what might happen , think outside of the box , I have sometimes taken quality peeler off the hook because on the day the fish wanted lugworm ! sometimes frozen peeler will outfish fresh ---- The best bait for cod without
    a doubt is what they want on the night

4. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's experience for you 8) if I had to pick 1 hook bait it would be a black tipped with mussel

5. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

A thin sliver of a firkins face is the best when the moon is high in the sky I always find

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

Where do you dig them Ben? :p

I think bigcliff hit the nail on the head,its a bit like trout fishing when you match the hatch.

7. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

I can't tell you only glenn knows