1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Favourite Marks In Robin Hoods Bay ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jan 16, 2010.

?

What Are Your Favourite Marks In Robin Hoods Bay ?? Choose Any 2 !!

1. Sea Wall

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  2. Stoupe Beck

4 vote(s)
    12.1%
  3. Gunny Hole

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  4. Boggle Hole (Back)

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. New Slipway

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  6. Boggle Hole Left Side

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  7. Boggle Hole Right

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  8. Cowling Scar

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Little Bay

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  10. Billet Scar

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  11. Stoupe Beck

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  12. River Hole/Tom Bells

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  13. Landing Scar

6 vote(s)
    18.2%
  14. Sewer Hole

8 vote(s)
    24.2%
  15. Dungeon Hole

1 vote(s)
    3.0%
  16. Sloping Rock

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  17. Long Hole

7 vote(s)
    21.2%
  18. Hommeril Hole

2 vote(s)
    6.1%
  19. Castle Chambers

3 vote(s)
    9.1%
  20. Another not mentioned here, please say below

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

So where do you like to fish at Bay ?

2. Father Ted

Father Ted New Member

Ive heard a few of these places mentioned on here. But where is Gunny Hole please and is it low tide ?

3. Baramundi Bob

The Gunny Hole Is the grass bank at the end of the sea wall. It used to be a real good mark reknowned for double figure cod at high tide, but they piled a load of rocks in front of it now and its difficult to get fish out. I have caught fish whilst stood on those rocks underneath the wall though.

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Several years ago i walked along the cliff top past where the boat got wrecked at the foot of the cliff i saw what i believe would have been good
    cliff shots near hommeral hole, my best from RHB was taken on the left of boggle hole and weighed 9.5lb

5. Baramundi Bob

I have fished the cliffs around there Alan, to be truthful I never really figured out when it was going to fish well and I kept getting my ass kicked in the club by anglers using different marks. I did well one night with 5 good fish but I never managed to replicate it consistently and blanked more than I caught so I sacked the idea in the end.

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

What a fantastic area, stunning scenery and so much space...........Hoping to give long hole a few goes this summer with adrian, sorry moleman, it looks a quality spot and I need to get to know it a little in readiness for next Autumn...................There are SO many places I would like to fish within the bay but its just time, ive spent this year trying to get my head around Sewer hole & Landing scaur and now find myself drawn here when i have suitable conditions...........Managed a few chucks in Boggle hole last visit, yet another mark I'd like to know more about..............

My god i love fishing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Baramundi Bob

Although I think I already know, Id love to know who picked Hommeril and castle chambers. What a horrible place.

8. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I picked Castle Chambers Glenn....love the place..

9. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Many years ago i was at RHB it was on a WHIT MONDAY i went onto the big scaur than runs out from the village , about two thirds up the scaur
    me and my mate started turning the kelp over there was shallow cracks in the rock underneath, they were stuffed with doggie peeler and i mean stuffed we had a good sized bucket and within a short while they were climbing off the top and im not joking, we must have dropped right
    on the prime day , ive been back a couple of times since but i havent been able to replicate the same results

10. Baramundi Bob

Looking at the poll it would seem there is a fair spread of interest in various marks right across the bay. Noone has voted for cowling scar. I once had a good bag out of there in the Whitby open, about 18lb but not enough to win that day as Mart Wilding was not far from me and bagged up. It was the first time I had ever fished it as well.

11. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

any pics of were to fish at robin hoods bay lads? cheers was finking ov giving it a go thats all

12. Baramundi Bob

13. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Spooky that this topic appears now. Got two weeks in RHB coming up. Might not be a big deal for you old salts but I have been polishing my hooks for ages.

Was up there this time last year but the fishing was a bit dire. This wasn't just down to me being s***e though, met a few (of you?) fishing a mid-week match and they all said the same. I believe Rockling had won more than one match after xmas. Should have joined in as I'm getting pretty good at Rockling.

I'm OK with the actual fishing part - it's just the catching that I need to work on. Twice I fished the coast just before xmas and watched guys either side of me catching and I had nothing. What am I doing wrong? (apart from turning up)

Any advice on fishing the bay? Baits.. tides .. anything. I'm not after detailed maps of your favourite marks just general advice on baits or low tide areas.

Think that these three are members ...

[​IMG]

And here are a couple of anglers from the mid-week match. Not a good photo as they were right out on the end of a (landing?) scaur. (taken from sea wall)

[​IMG]

14. wilky

wilky Blenny

I dont yet know any of the marks listed above, with not being local to you guys, but just wonder if if you all appreciate how spoilt you are for choice of not only potentially productive but beautiful scenic places to fish?

15. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Where do you launch a yak at RHB? Where do you park?, if anyone is going during the week when it gets a bit warmer i would like to go, we were there yesterday walking the dogs, it was flat calm. We went to Whitby to the Magpie for fish and chips, best ive' ever had!

16. Baramundi Bob

17. mick webster

mick webster Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks for that info Glen, i would never have thought of launching at Boggle Hole, i cant' wait to have a go there in summer, i can go during the week if you or anybody fancies it, i will put a posting on beforehand, weekends are always spent round Hornsea area, thats' where my caravan is! cheers Glen!

18. Baramundi Bob

Yes mate give us a shout. I do enjoy a session out of there. I feel it best to aim for the smaller tides due to the really strong tide flow at North Cheek.

All the best - Glenn

19. Baramundi Bob