1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What am I doing wrong here ...

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by 3be2, Jan 9, 2015.

1. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

OK, so for various reasons I haven't been fishing the NE coast all year.

Until ... Day after Boxing Day, at The Sea Life Centre in Scarborough.

Got down there and the place was packed with folk chucking a line and I settled in to the set-up (no crossing my neighbours line).

NOW - four hours later, as the water left the bay, I took stock of every b*****d and his Dog leaving the place with, big, huge for some, 'bags' of Cod.

WHAT - Am I doing wrong here ... 3x2 nill - every other fkr lots.

Is it a bait thing? A 20 yard North difference thing? A 'rig' thing?

What am I doing wrong? I was near enough to those 'bagging up' that I would be very surprised if there were no Cod in front of me. But to catch nothing... Not even get a bite ... Well...

Suggestions on a postcard ...

2. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Posting on wrong forum for starters !

;) ;)

Roger.

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

AHHH :)Maybe he wants to BUY a cod from whitby ? ;D ;D

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

You were either very unlucky or it was down to something else --- Was your bait top quality ?
    What bait did you use ? Were the fish that were being caught falling to what you were presenting ?
    Were you casting roundabout the same distance as the successful anglers ? How long were you leaving the bait out in the sea , it should never be longer than 20 minutes , Did you clean your hook off after every cast ? or just top a washed out bait up ? was your terminal rig fishing or coming back tangled up , was your hook being masked by your bait ? ---- For me the answer lies
    in amongst these points I have made OR less likely you were just plain unlucky !

5. bow1

bow1 Rockling

had similar session myself few weeks back down runny.

everyone catchi g but me for hours.guy next to me bout 30yds had a dozen . couldnt buy a bite.same baits good quality same rigs and distance.
    took afew hourz eventually had 2 x 5 lbers and couple bout 2lb.had to stay when everyone left though to get em

frustrating aint it?

6. BeachBoy

BeachBoy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Did you bother to speak to those catching ask them, might be a gully or depression in the area. Or they might have been on a different bait.
    The other night I was fishing side by side with a good friend, rigs are identical, casting in the same area and bait was from the same batch and I had three good cod and he had a coalfish nothing more, that's fishing in suppose

7. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

never had much luck from there myself, same scenario....but plenty from elsewhere

8. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Allway's best to ask what they are doing differently to u,politely tho lol
    I allway's remember yrs ago,been given a hiding buy top matchman,carl nangle,he was only a short distance from me,I had one sml pout,he had lost count at 28 !!,he had cod,hound's,ray's,dog's u name it.What was he doing different to me,simple,he had a coolbox full of prime fresh crab,I didn't lol.
    So one big tip,don't be afraid to ASK...