1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What a scrap - Whitby West Cod Fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Nov 18, 2014.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Winter Cod Fishing On Whitby Piers

Went on ww last night and I bloke I know who fishes on there regular was on the end with some nice codling he caught before low water. So it looked good for the flood.

Well it was pants with only a spattering of fish as i only managed two size mops. Thoughts where for home when I got my best bite of the night slack lining me.

I slowly wound up the slack then bam off it went.

I quickly let every one know I was in to what felt like a twenty pounder. It was slamming away even kiting around and could I eck get it's head up.

After what felt like ages I managed to get it to the side of the pier still having to pump it as it was still going ballistic.

Then it broke surface and it was clear that it was a wolf in sheeps clothing. A six pounder hooked in the tail ffs. Any way it still made my night. A bit of exciting action and my best fish for a while at 6lb 2oz

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

2. ash-ov-boro

ash-ov-boro Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: What a scrap

well done paul

3. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

Re: What a scrap

We know how good you are mate...don't take the piss ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Was that the guy from Nottingham who aught on the ebb ?? Me and Mike were talking to him earlier in the day. How many did het get ??

5. Baramundi Bob

Makes you wonder how you hook them in the tale. Ive doen that before and thorugh the middle fin which is even worse. I thought Id caught a horse.

6. Baramundi Bob

Nice tash by the way

Attached Files:

7. Baramundi Bob

Was a bit rough through the day.

Attached Files:

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Cheers Glenn. There was absolutely no tide all night with se against a neap flood so crabs where feeding hard. I know the guy you talked to he's from Grantham and he's a top fella, fishes for four days out of his van because he lives so far away and he absolutely loves fishing Whitby.
    The fish in fouled in the tail came after the bait had been out there over half an hour. There was no bait on the hook just cotton. I think the fish must have smelt some signs of food , found nothing and when it moved on it's tail caught my chemically etched. If your going to hook a decent cod you need to hook them in the tail for maximum fun. If made my night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk magic crystals shine bright with this one Jedi

9. Mladds

Mladds Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good to see you out there again paul, wondered were you had gone :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good fish paul,even if it was foul hooked ;D
    Great read fellah...

11. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i hooked a mop in its side once. took so getting in. you done well to get it paul.
    nice clean fish

mick

12. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

A nice fish.
    Those foul hooked ones really get the blood pumping. Had a big pollock in Scilly on lure, hooked in Gill plate (but with zero danger to gills, cause that sends them like pussy cats) and it was a mental fight. When you cannot turn a head, and they can turn side on into current, they feel like three or four times size.
    But over 6lb is nothing to be sneezed at.