1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WHAT A BASSING NIGHT

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by dan the pollock, Jul 23, 2009.

Tags:
  1. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

[​IMG]

With yakking looking off the cards untill saturday at least and the well coloured water me and damo thought we'd spend a few hours on the scars plugging to kill abit of time. we went down on wednesday night and damo hooked his first plug caught bass, unfortunatly he lost it at his feet on top of the water. that was the only fish to be seen that night.

with the water clearing a bit more on thursday we decided to give it another crack due to us hooking up in less than ideal conditions.

around 15mins into the trip i landed a bass of 2lbs which i was over the moon with. when the tide ebbed abit more i moved onto the exact same place damo had lost a fish the night before. 10mins fishing and i hooked into what seemed a better fish but 3 turns of the reel and it was gone. i chucked the plug into the exact same place and the fish struck again and started tearing line off my reel. what seemed like an eternity of me playing the fish in damo quickly jumped in the water to land it. my 4th plugged caught bass weighing in at 5lbs.

who says you need clear water to catch bass???

mikes got some pics to post as i forgot my camera

:happy: :happy: :happy:

2. mouldybits

mouldybits New Member

nice one bud, caught my best bass last yr in pea soup like water...i aint so sure on this clear water thing???
    good to see you're getting into them though :)

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Dan, look forward to seeing the pics. I hope to do some Bass fishing during the weekend all being well, keen to land one after loosing my first Bass of the year the other week.

4. vtech

vtech Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Dan glad to hear some one is catching a few and my heart goes out to your mate. I have the tea shirt for loss of first plug hooked Bass :wounded:
    Yet to try plugging since that fatefull day, hope to try next few days.

5. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

interesting this..i was under the impression that you needed pretty clear water for plugging..and iv cut a few trips short for that very reason..wont be any more tho!! well done dan,cant wait for the pics bud

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Nice one Dan, shame about Damo losing one but thats fishing and at least he managed his first plug caught bass, Same happened to us last year Dav hooked a really nice fish but after a few turns on the reel lost it so i walked over poached his spot and pulled out a bass over 5lb on my first cast :evil:....Dav was not amused.. :laugh: :cry:

Its always nice to get your first plug caught bass over 5lb under your belt, well done its quite an achievement in this area..

Tightlines

Gary

7. mike33

mike33 New Member

Excellent fish Dan you've certainly put the the hours in for it and hopfully one or two more :yes: it was good to see you catch and play the fish it definitely put up a good fight, pics below.

Damo steps in to lend a hand
    [​IMG]

Landed safely
    [​IMG]

The smile says it all :happy:
    [​IMG]

BW plug does the business
    [​IMG]

Mike

8. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

what a beauty! grinnin like a cheshire cat,n cant say i blame ya bud! quality

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

awesome stuff lads. Well done!

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well done Dan, Its a beauty.

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done dan it,s a lovely fish :yes: hope i get one soon :happy:

12. bucko

bucko New Member

Brilliant work lads- very impressed and you've kind of answered a question about a bit of muck in the water that I've been asking myself for a long time as when I'm salmon or sea trouting a bit of colour in the water certainly brings the fish on to take- and if they can see a size 2 Mepps then a bass can certainly see a highly reflective and bigger plug.
    Well done again.

13. newdave

newdave Guest

well done Dan lovely fish, glad mike took the camera :yes: I reckon you have got the dreaded bassitis as well now, I had 4 schoolies from the yak last night also in less than ideal conditions so it shows that its always worth a go.

14. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Nice one Dan well done

15. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Its another one of those occasions where the picture tells the story. Like when Quint got his first good one on the kayak. The great big smile says it all. Youve certainly put the hours in Dan so deserve to be rewarded with such a fine specimen. Im sure in years to come you will still remember every turn of the handle on your real.

16. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

well done dan :happy: great fishing mate

17. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Dan, that's a cracking fish mate, well done :yes: Thanks for posting the photos mike.
    Ian

18. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

so jealous :yes: :yes: well done!

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

Nice one Dan,a cracking silver,perseverence always pays off,well done .. tight lines :happy:

20. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

cracking fish there dan...plenty of effort is always rewarded...well done and keep em coming..
    Paul