1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

west was best but not as best as before !! (topic has pics )

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Nov 27, 2010.

1. woody

woody New Member

delayed report due to meeting the gfs family this weekend ..... :no: anyway went to whitbywest peir on the thurs night the night after i had 10 out , i also met groyne there and a couple of others

well first cast immidietly resulted in a nice fish 6 n half to 7 lb ish 2lber next cast then another i thought christ cant do the same again surely !!! the top of tide was quiet again as soon as the ebb started, bites came thick n fast resulting in another 3 fish all round the 2lb bracket had 2 laid on lost on on the last cast too kept 3, put 3 back gave 2 to bowsey in sandsend carpark as my fridge was full !!

half way through the night i put a massive bait out trying to tempt a massive fish , got a bite within minutes slack line hit it it felt massive it was nearly taking line off my reel as i pumped it through the tide my heart began to race i thought here we go fish of a lifetime as it broke surface we realise it was a 2lbr wrapped in 2 dirty great big kelp stalks all in all a great night end result 6 codlings :yes:
    [​IMG]

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff again woody,top marks for putting the effort in again... tight lines

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Love the title woody. Made me laugh that mate. I had a plan last night, I was off to the east for a beast. But it turned out to be a mop of a pound, so not much of a beast at all. Surely someone is gonna clobber a 10 pounder real soon.

Nice fish by the way, well done matey.

4. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Great report again well done.

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

I'm very surprised there hasn't been a double to report yet glenn.surely someone will snaffle one by the end of next week.

6. woody

woody New Member

i thats what i thought too !! the lads on wed night had a decent one close to double figures n lost a propper pig off the end when they reilised why there line was dissapearing round the corner of the peir all slack lol

7. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

well done mate me and damo took 17 off there tonight

8. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dan,

what bait is working on there mate ? custard crems ?

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Well.done.woody.

But come.on you think.we believe you had to meet girlfriends mum and dad. :laugh:
    How can some as ugly as you have a girlfriend. Lol.

Well done mate.

10. woody

woody New Member

dunno john but you managed it once over !!!!

11. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

yeah custard creams, cart and blacks were doing the biz. shep lost the biggun we went for tho

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Only just. Lol.

13. nice fish well done there mate.

14. Baramundi Bob

Walked on the west tonight, not a single fish caught.

15. woody

woody New Member

wind change snow water ? colour change in the river ? its been black with them for days just shows the difference in conditions and there vanished , worth a chuck on the east now glenn !!!

16. Baramundi Bob

Its mountainous. A wave levelled the top deck when I was the west tonight.

17. woody

woody New Member

:scare: maybe worth a chuck int harbour !!!!

18. goaty

goaty Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

On saturday morning was talking to a lad in the carpark at Sandsend.
    Him and his 2 mates had set off from Anglesey at 7pm on Friday for a wknd's fishing and it had taken them 8hrs to drive to Whitby because of the snow!
    They had arrived at 3am!
    He wanted to know whether to fish from the carpark or the pier as theyd never been to Whitby before so i said definately the pier (at night).
    I just hope to hell they managed to catch something as that is seriously hardcore and also that they got home again ok!
    So if you saw any Welsh lads on there on Saturday! :surprise:.....
    g.