1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West pier tonight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 10, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

It was pants.

Lobbers managed 3 in his club match apart from that hardly a fish. Andy Edwards lost a half decent fish but he seemed to have spooled his reel up with cotton so it snapped off as soon as he tried to lift it. I think there was 5 or 6 fish between roughly 20 anglers on the pier. Plus it was cold and windy.

I hate piers, give me a big cliff to shelter behind anytime. :( :(

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

But was anybody using crystals glen.

3. Baramundi Bob

Depends what you refer to as crystals Paul ? If you mean what I think you mean then yes Me, Martin Lincoln, and Andy Edwards. The only people to catch fish were the ones not using crystals.

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

So i gather these crystals are genuinly a secret bait that someones devised and tried and obviously had success with ?...just curious ...

5. Baramundi Bob

Hi Dav,

When Ramrod (where is ramrod ?)first mentioned crystals I don't think he meant anything secret at all he was just having a laugh - he just has all elements of his fishing spot on which makes him a damn good angler (years of practice - there is no substitute). But some people have what they think is a secret bait (truth is it's the worst kept secret on the north east coast). If you have a read through some recent topics on anglers net you will see a certain member of this forum describe in detail how to prepare and use this bait, I've also seen it mentioned on wsf and nesa. To be honest with you - give me a good quality peeler and a hand full of lugworm anyday.

6. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well actually glen when i first heard your self and ramrod mentioning crystals i too thought he was just having a crack , and was basically saying he had the crystals due to catching etc , but the longer its gone on ive got more suspicious lol... and thought yers must of being opnabout a certain bait , its not somthing stupid like mussels soaked in pilchard or some other fish oil is it ? i see your not letting the cat out the bag though , hahaha il have a gander about ...
    i really fancied going to boulby today , but due to low water going into darkenss ,well nearly darkness, thought best otherwise , ide end up getting lost going back up lol.... may try runswick or somewere .. any one else out today /tonight ????

7. Baramundi Bob

Its roll mop in vinegar Dav :eek:. We will be out fishing tonight. Haven't a clue whare to go. Probably a very wise choice to give Boulby a miss.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

I think il stick with my used tried and tested baits .lol u sound like me glen in that you havent got a clue on were your gona fish until you get in yer car and drive lol.... spoilt for choice...

9. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

there was even a lad came on west last nite who said that he had some crystals, i had a slight giggle under my breath, people have been very sus about these crystals, which you do need by the way, but before raymondo started the magic crysals wind up i normally just call them my GOLDEN BALL'S ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

10. Baramundi Bob

Some times you just need that bit of luck Dav. 2 weeks ago I went out and it was a toss up of 3 places. I decided on 1 not by judgement but just because it was closest at 5.30 when I was in a panic. I then got down the cliffs and never had a bite at the first place I tried by then an hour of the match had gone. I decided on a move - either 500 yards left or 500 yards right. Left was the best option because it would be easier to get back from at high tide and nearer the car. But then I remembered watching CPS catch fish in the mark to my right. decided to head right and managed 5 five pounders one after the other.

No good judgement involved in any of that. It's just how it worked out.