1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West pier tide run

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Oct 15, 2016.

1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

How do men. Last time I fished west pier on a big tide I ended up fishing on the side casting towards sandsend. Had a few fish but later in tide found it very hard to hold bottom Tide was running left to right and sweeping lead in to pier. Is this what always happens or was this just cos tide was big. 6.2 it was. Would I have been able to hold if I had fished it like from boat uptiding.

2. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Always happens Simon just cast straight out and it normally settles as t though you have cast to 10 o'clock facing towards the end of sandsend cliffs and its also when you can pick a very big cod up towards high water as the tide eases off and you get a mighty slack liner. Try the breakaway impact leads or the namix they seem to hold bottom better.

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thanks mate. Where u been not herd from u for ages. Over in dec

4. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

Hi simon
    Try a 7oz namix grip lead always works for me

• Like Like x 1
  5. Bassplugger

Bassplugger Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Been very poorly Simon I'll give you a ring ASAP just let me know when your not on nights.