1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

West is best !!!! 10 cod tonight (Topic has pictures)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by woody, Nov 25, 2010.

1. woody

woody New Member

well what a evening snow ect , started at 3pm wondered were to go fancied the west but couldn't decide with the amount of fresh water about and coming especially out whitby harbour , i eventually decided on the west

first chuck i had a mop straight away , in daylight , followed by another 2 in quick succession then hit a bite that came off half way in things went quiet for a while .

the wind was that bad i was struggling to see my bites , next chuck one laid on bit better about 2 half lb , then for some reason i started pulling out of fish ,

quickly i changed my single 6,0 for a pennel and bigger bait , straight away in to what seemed like a better fish This continued for some time , two lads started fishing , i was the only one on the Pier believe it or not , thankfully they were there they helped me up with my biggest fish going just over 6n half

i also lost what I'm saying probably wasn't a double lol , it was a good fish but fell off . the two lads also had 4 fish one that wouldn't have been short of a double , all in all an excellent evening !!!

i finished up with 10 fish and lost 3 and pulled out of 2 , and the ride home was interesting to say the least !!!!
    [​IMG]

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Re: west is best !!!!

Well done, nice session.
    And thanks- just having a brew before going out myself so your post has really got me itching to get out.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: west is best !!!!

Brilliant stuff woody. well deserved in those conditions mate.

4. andyp

andyp New Member

well done woody,good sesh there mate.

5. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

nice one sson, its allways nice to bag up on ww :yes:

6. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Nice one mate,good fishing

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You deserved every one of those fish woody in those conditions it was howling at times during the snow showers i could see you from where i was fishing i managed 3 and missed a few but the man next to managed over 20lb of fish had one over 7lb once again well done matey .

paul.

8. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

well done woody well deserved in those conditions :yes:

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well done woody especialy after some of the bad luck you have had lately, :yes: i hope to be out soon myself, what was the bait that done the biz :suspious:

10. woody

woody New Member

cheers lads the funny thing was i saw dan the pollock in the shop before i commenced i said i was thinking of going on the west peir he said , no mate youl be better on the east lol ha ha anyway not that i didnt follow your advice dan ! it was very greatly recievd ,summat just told me go there , i would have had more if i had a stayed thought i had chanced it enough with the weather and a good job i did !!! only just made it! hi harry cart squids , worm scollaps lol didnt matter every bait had cart on !!!

11. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Well done woody

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Woodster................

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Top fishing Woodster, looks like you made the most of fishing a less than crowded West pier, a rare thing in itself.. :happy:

Well done!!

14. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Well done woody you have found them again well chuffed for you mate but leave some for Sunday

15. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

great session well done

16. smokey

smokey Rockling

Nice one woody a lovely bag of fish there pal... tight lines

17. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cracking session there Woody! Big well done bud. Bet the drive home was good fun :hurt:

18. richie7

richie7 Blenny

Great to see a good reward for fishing in those conditions. Well done Woody. A few better ones seem to be showing now too............

19. deecee

deecee Blenny

Well done Woody- a cracking bag of fish.

20. congerball

congerball Blenny

what a bag of fish Woody! nice one mate