1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WEST COAST FISHING OPEN - Harrington open

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Maxie, Nov 15, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Maxie

Maxie New Member

Fished harrington open heaviest fish match tonight 4-8pm 3hrs down 1 up in about as near perfect conditions for cod fishing in cumbria as you are ever likely to get.
    Hopes werent too high as it hasnt been a vintage year for the cod over here but this match covered some of the best ground in west cumbria.
    it didnt fish too bad with a fair scattering of cod right through the venue but no big bags would have been out as in better years.
    winning the match was tam borland from scotland with a 8lb 9oz cod the best fish out in this match for many a year.£500.he also had another over 6lb.
    second ged stevens from barrow 7lb 6oz a good fish that would win every other year.£300.
    third mike cooke from harrington club 5lb 4oz.£200.the harrington club also fished it as a club match and he won their snowball comp for another £500,nice nights work :yes:
    i was fifth for a 4lb 10 oz cod its always been my aim to win this match but the way its going ill be a pensioner by then.
    it was nice to see a few cod though and its give the local scene a lift as its been poor.

[​IMG]
    never say no to prime cod fillets the big fish was tams the small one was mine. :happy:

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Re: Harrington open

Great Maxie, Well done them are nice fish indeed and i have seen that match won with a cod less than 4lb 10oz in the past.. I would of had a look over last night but its the Whitby Open today and an early start for me,.. I do like fishing the Harrington and Lowca area it reminds me of our home grounds, with big boulders, scars and kelp showing on the better tides...

Tightlines

3. Maxie

Maxie New Member

ive got to admit i thought id be in the money when i pulled that out,i knew i hadnt won as i moved after two hours and seen the lads winning fish.
    back on lowca today for a league match.

4. rubbish

rubbish New Member

well done on the fish maxie, we might get afew ourselves over this side now the wind has swung round :pray:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah well done maxie .. :yes:

6. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Looks like some nice fish came out maxie

7. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well done maxi it's ashame you did'nt end up in the money still not a bad fish ,as garry siad that :yes:

8. Maxie

Maxie New Member

heres the result. http://www.cumberland-news.co.uk/1.273498