1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We're all thinking it

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by craig t, Sep 24, 2012.

1. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

By the amount of forum traffic were all thinking the same is tonight do able and am I really that daft I can't quite make up my mind.

2. dezzy

dezzy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

to big unless u can get some shelter somewhere but it will be hard goin with that easterly in ur face.

3. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i'd rather have a leg off than go out in that non stop rain :ugly:

4. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yep have donned the smoking jacket and slippers a night in it is.

5. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

watching the big seas on the webcams in whitby ,rhb and scabby from the comfort of my chair in leeds makes me want to get the gear out but here in leeds it hasnt stopped raining all day so i,m with lobbers on this one,
    will continue to watch the rain through the double glazed patio doors at a nice 70 deg ,getting soft in my old age or just wiser ,years ago i,d have been on my way by now to marine drive .
    good luck to all who brave it and hope you get a lump ,you,ll deserve it for being out in this weather.

frank.

6. robq

robq Rockling

dropping nicely for tomorrow :happy: :happy:

7. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I would be out, if I were not working nights :sad:

8. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You,re better off working mike. Wait for the wind to swing around as easterlies are pants. Most places will be unfishable at high water and probably full of weed at low too.

9. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

another thing to think about is... is it safe.. i dont mean to try and put a damper on things but i work on the coast and today i went to have a look at the sea at lunch time and to check out somewhere up a height to fish from when it becomes fishable..

the cliffs around me literally had rivers running down them in places.... other places the water was appearing half way down the cliff...
    all this rain has got to made some places unstable.... with the large amount of rain water washing mud and rock down the cliff and rough seas hammering the cliffs below.. PLEASE TAKE CARE...land slides and fall downs are inevitable .. lets not start this season off with news of an accident or even worse a fatality...

keep it safe folks and good luck in the search of a pb..
    cheers
    Paul