1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Well Done Whitby Sea Anglers... Your highlights of 2010.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Dec 19, 2010.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Well with the fishing a little slow at the moment, i decided to have a look back at 2010 in the Hall of Fame. Wow some truly impressive catches :surprise: :surprise: a massive well done to you all.. :yes: and i hope 2011 is even better for you.. :cool:

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/hall-of-fame-2010

Whats your most memorable fishing moments of 2010???

Top of my list has to be taking my good mate John Powson lure fishing for bass, which seen him landing his first ever lure caught bass which went over 10lb. :surprise: (pricelesss)

[​IMG]

Watching Lee (brocky) catch new PB Pollack 9lb (shore) PB, Bass 7lb + (shore) PB Cod 8lb 12 (Shore) The lads really done well this year and hopefully he will pass on a few tips to me as i can't catch bugger all... :embarrass:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Forum Member Andy (Shadrap) catching his first shore caught conger.

[​IMG]

Watching Sam and Matty enjoying the bass fishing and Sam getting a new PB.

[​IMG]

Me catching a new PB Pollack (Kayak) 11lb 6oz (no pic)

Really like to thank all my mates and the people i have fished with from WSA forum and hope you all had a great 2010 and an even better 2011..

Tightlines

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some cracking memories there Garry, lets hope 2011 turns up a few good catches ,
    still waiting for that double figure Cod, if last night is anything to go by ,it's going to be a while :sad:

3. halibut man

halibut man Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great to see

4. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Nice to see that,wish i could add something to it :no:

5. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Yep, that young Lee is a spawney bugger! :tease: :cheesy:

I was thinking of doing exactly the same sort of thread the other day, bit like what Ken did last year (a review of the year's fishing). I'll write something up either today or tomorrow.

Some cracking fish there, I'm proud to of had the chance to fish with some real nice lads over the year. Had a cracking week at the Mull with great company and deffo one of the highlights of my fishing career, hopefully I'll be able to join you guys up there again at some point.

That 11lb 6oz Pollock you had Gary was a stonker and I'll never forget that fight, you were screaming almost as much as the reel! :laugh:

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Haha yes quite embarrassing really as my reel was screaming pretty loudly.. :embarrass: Thanks for the help Sam think i would of probably lost it if it wasn't for you.. If you have a pic, could you send me a copy as i don't have any pic's of it. Cheers

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Help you?! I tried my best to knock it off with the net, just pure luck it swam into the net :wink:

Here you go bud

[​IMG]

Will have the bigger version on my pc somewhere, pm me your email addy if you like Gary.

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

Some beauties there like , Top marks to Gary . I know the effort that has gone into finding them bass.....

9. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

top stuff Gary :yes: I will put a report of my successes this year at some point. Without you and a few other noteable people I wouldnt have had the results I had this year so a big thank you to those people, you know who you are :yes:

10. GJW

GJW Rockling

Good, i hope others too will post there most memorable fishing times of 2010, could be catching your first ever sea fish or a new PB they are all important no matter how big or small. Really enjoyed our Summer Codding sesh Matty especially when you said i am going to have a chuck over there and i advised against it and you went a pulled out a nice red 7lber... :cheesy: Quality.. :gum:

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

What a smashing post Gary , cracking photos , great memories seeing the look on peoples faces when they pulled there PB s out
    top marks to young Lee hes turning very rapidly in to a very accomplished angler and it couldnt have happened to a nicer young man ,
    what are those memories worth ? priceless , so its tight lines to you all in 2011 :yes: :yes:

12. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Fantastic stuff Gary, some cracking catches and happy faces, and thats what its all about :yes: :yes:....................Not really sure what my highlights of 2010 would be to be honest, ive enjoyed every minute, even the blanks have there place......................there's probably a couple of highlights that stick out for me, one was the summer codding and the abundance of small codling, remember 1 session on the drive when it was thick with 'em, must have caught over 25 throughout the day, majority of which were returned..............

[​IMG]

2nd highlight was more recent, fished Hawsker for the 3rd time and enjoyed a fantastic day landing 8 fish for 29lb, a new PB bag.....

[​IMG]

I feel very lucky to have received help from several very good anglers throughout 2010 and 'touch wood', i have yet to come accross a member on here who will not give you help when asked................Other memorable events/catches, Quint getting the 'Angler of the week' in the Filey Festival, a fantastic achievement as I know the amount of effort it took.............Woodys 10 cod hall from Whitby West in November and lastly Matty's 7 cod from Cayton in September, he was absolutly buzzin...................which is what its all about............

Massive well done to everbody for there efforts in 2010, enjoyed reading every report, roll on 2011!!!!!!

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

part one of my cracking memories from this years trips ,firstly the excitement from Kevs post after he had been to the mull, he asked for some advice so i told him what lures to get , and he got his first bass from up there, then there was the trip to Arbroath in the summer with Dale and his mate , lousy weather but we did ok in the end ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and a pb pollack for Dale [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    then the trip to the mull for the anual bass hunt whith my good friends,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    sam with his first coger not a big fish but a beautiful fish
    [​IMG]
    Matty geting in on the action
    [​IMG]
    and of course my good friend Garry
    [​IMG]we allso had a few pollack
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    F troop ha ha [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    and who could forget my famouse lassagne
    [​IMG]

there are many many more , part two will follow later. :cool:

14. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Nice 1 Harry......that lazagne looks good enough to each fella.....

15. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Nice report Harry,great memories never die.

16. woody

woody New Member

nice report harry ..... il be coming round yours for dinner be there about 7 ish mate :surprise: :whistle: :whistle: looks bloody lovely that

17. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

A few of my highlights from this year . . . .

A great Summer on the boat showing you don't need 50lb gear to enjoy a bit of cod bashing,I shared a day out with some of the guys off here and hope to see you next year trying out the " carp gear ".

[​IMG]

A week up the Mull with some of the best lads and knowledgeable anglers I have had the pleasure to fish with

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Grand Master shows he can still do the biz !

[​IMG]

Doing a bit of mountaineering (ok hill climbing to some of you hardened types)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Setting your stall out for a PB and seeing it come good (cheers Gary :wink: :wink: )

[​IMG]

But probably the highlight was been able to say "I was there" when John caught his superb bass and it came from a mark we had chosen earlier for it's potential (I hope the markers there for next year :pray: )

[​IMG]

To all the guys I have fished with and received advice and help from I say a big thank you and look forward to sharing some good times in 2011.

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Part two of my 2010 year,
    well fish were a bit scarce early season on the cod front but Kev managed to find a fish one night ,
    we had a trip to hillstones near kettleness ,as with most parts then conditions looked ok but the fish never read the script
    one for kev [​IMG]
    a week or two later the fish came on and a call to my friend terryhad us off to whitby west the fish had been showing for a while now ,and after a few saessions catching coalies ,it was nice to see the cod again,[​IMG]
    terry with a canny fish [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    next up was a trip out with John Ducky,
    once again the fish went quiet but after a very long run around we ended up at the tenniss court mark, it was a first for me at the venue ,just as we were thinking of packing in john pulled up a mop followed by a nice fish for me ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    the coalies came along as well, seems they were everyware this year
    [​IMG]
    next up for me was an unexpected call from Garry ,
    do you fancy a couple of days up north, well as soon as the phone call ended my gear was packed,
    myself y and Alan headed to the cod capitalof scotland Arbroath area,and we done ok , meeting up with tangle jock and his son,Dave and Christopher,
    they were well made up from all the advice they recieved and have since had some success after we had long left ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    not a bad little trip realy fish all round ,
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    well thats it lads for now all in all not a bad year , and still hopeing for that double ,
    hope you enjoy revisiting the season gone by , tight lines all , H.arry

19. great pics there mate, better location and some great fish cheers for sharing the pics enjoyed reading that.

20. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Cracking reports there guys, some lovely fish and fine pics to go with it. I do like these end of year write ups :yes: Will add mine today.