1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. basha

basha Blenny

hoping to get out the weekend,not a damb clue were to head.
    not been doing a lot of fishing of late apart from the odd makky seshion to stock up for belly.
    heard reports of a few codling getting caught so think it'll have to be rotten bottom and head for kelp,need a fishy fix.....any sujjestions guys.was going to be cowbar/mulgrave???.gonna have to see what the forcast says come weekend.

2. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Just was going to post something similar mate!
    I'm taking out my 10yo godson out on Saturday,going to dig some worm at Bran Sands low water then a couple of hours after high water.
    Baitwise will have worm,squid,cart,mussel and makky so was going to ask if anyone could point me in the general direction of a banker mark so the lad catches!
    Anywhere from the Gare to Whitby?
    May the fishing gods smile on you too basha :)

3. basha

basha Blenny

lets hope so marra.just been informed of a few fish caught last night just after i had posted about going wkend.fish came from robin hoods bay but wouldnt say exactely were,said i had to go find em meself pmsl.this comes from a bloke who i fished with for 30yrs aswell pmsl.always was hard work.he'll be txting me now all day winding me up.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Lol,it's always good mates that take the pi55.
    Had a look on various local FB groups seen a few caught!
    Just had a look for maybe a charter boat trip he's gotta catch then!
    Even I might too!!!:rolleyes:

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

charter your best bet me thinks trio hartlepool easy walk from car park and cheep parking
    whitby its a tenner for the day at station and they said turpin was dead
    always a flattie or 2 caught sandsend
    good luck to you both and expect reports

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. basha

basha Blenny

ile throw a report up john,just been that busy hardly get the time to sign in these days.things are less hectic now so will be signing in most days.

flattie a throw for lad of the gare last night and odd pin whitie and tiny codling,fishing between corner and slip and fishing bout 60yds yds out with 2 hook flapper on lugg tipped with makky,his rod never stopped jangling.

had a run to pools aswell to see what was cooking there.couple of lads on the heugh doing ok with smaller samples,pilot quiet for one lad who was fishing it,getting crabbed off....middleton,plenty of flatties odd small codlin and odd whitie same as gare.itll be deffo a rock mark or whitby east depending on tides n weather.

7. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Thanks lads,will post a report up.
    What is Mulgrave like to fish weather dependant?

8. basha

basha Blenny

it can fish really well bud,you just got to know were to cast for results.
    its all been sorted down there now cos i heard the steps and access to it had collapsed but you can get down there again now.
    might be worth a throw on cowbar jetty or round to the boilers or venture onto the point,left hand side of the jetty.theres been some good fish coming from kettleness aswell as goldsbrough.cart if you have it should throw you a fish up.still undecided were to go,bait n tackle all sorted ile wait untill tomorrow grab the forcast and decide were's best to throw a lead mate.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Redneck Dek

Redneck Dek Blenny

Nice to know cheers.thats narrowed this list down!
    Cowbar,staithes or mulgrave then,got cart so let's hope the weather plays ball.
    Made a load of flappers up last night just got to armamesh a load of mussel up this aft when back from hospital!

10. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good luck lads and thanks for gare info im off tomorrow so might have a go