1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Week In Review, Top Fishing This Week - Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Nov 28, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Looking back this week I can honestly say its been a great week, both uptiding and offshore wrecking producing good numbers of fish and also most have been of a good stamp.

We have been mostly uptiding as we have had good returns from a few places we have been working, average days have been producing 50-60 codlings within a few hundred yards of the shore, it has been common place for anglers to be leaving each day with 20+ cod per person.

Young Kai Leadley came fishing with his dad, it was last minute as i had been let down by a couple of anglers, what a mistake they made, Kai absolutely filled his boots, poor dad Alex couldnt wet a line as he couldnt keep up with baiting up!
    top fishing for the youngster!
    [​IMG]
    This was his first fish of the day, he also caught the biggest at a tad over 6lb, well done Kai!

thats just one example, i wish id taken my camera more really, but heres a few shots from uptiding this week, weve seen PLENTY of cod, some cracking wrasse and doggies and also a tadpole fish for fishy steve! A first for Mistress!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

on our last day uptiding we only managed a rod average of ten cod per angler so with a couple of lads booked on they put a bit more into the pot and we ventured offshore in search of some bigger fish, it was a steady day with our best fish just shy of double figures for Allan from pontefract a pb for him, he was delighted, he caught a further 3 or 4 of similar stamp, as well as plenty of codlins, his mate martin finished up with 15 keepers, we threw alot back that were size but the lads are sensible and arent greedy.

[​IMG]

so a top week for us on board Mistress

Tight Lines for now

Rich

2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Rich and all the boys onboard :)

Did you do much with the shads?

Tadpole fish must have been a surprise ;D

3. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

i got a few small ones upto 45cm mate but icouldnt get mine to work lol! caught most on squid offshore. always nice to see new species peter.

4. Shad-Mad

Shad-Mad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Glad the week continued in the same vain as Monday. I would have loved to have got back out and had a go at the wrecking but stuck working now for another 23 days so it will be after Christmas before I can get back out. Unless I can squeeze in an evening uptiding trip. An uptiding rod is on my crimbo list too so I'll be itching to get out and christen that ????

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

we should be starting the night uptiding trips after the next set of northerlies Den, really looking forward to them this year

6. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

great trip out with you as always Rich and a shock when that tadpole fish came out with my donkey choker in its mouth :)

7. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Great report rich and some nice fish keep it up bud.

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

same with those rocklings off the shore steve, amazing how they fit hem in their mouths!