1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wedding shoot,

Discussion in 'Photography Forum' started by harrythecod, Jul 2, 2011.

1. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Today i am doing my first wedding shoot,
    a member of my extended family is getting married,

i am quite looking forward to it ,and i have realy realy double checked every thing :yes:
    i have a format ready starting at the brides house, through to the more relaxed evening party,

i am doing it as a favour to help them save on expenses of the wedding
    fingers crossed it all goes well,

At least the day has got off to a good start , brill weather :cool:

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

good luck with it harry, you've got some guts doing it i don't think i could trust myself to do it right!

3. BeeceUK

BeeceUK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hope it all goes well Harry,

Ive done a few wedding shoots mainly as the second shooter, I think wedding photography has as much to do with crowd control and people skills as it does with photography. And then you've got the constant worry of all the shots coming out right !!

But when you get some nice shots and the happy couple are pleased with them it all feels worthwhile, good sense of achivement when you know its gone right.

Ben

4. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Yeah I did one as a favour a couple of months back, the pictures came out awesome so it was pretty relieving, but also the people I did it for were chuffed so that was nice to see.

5. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well it turned out not to bad ,
    I took just under 400 photo;s and i think i am reasonably happy with around 50 to do an album for them , i was bricking it at the start but it went better as the day went on,

i will do a bit of post editing and enhacement and should be ok ,
    i wont be in a hurry to do another one tho, :scared:

6. Supersonic

Yeah they're a bit stressful aren't they? I was lucky I knew them so it made organising a bit simpler :yes: I did about 800 or 900 pics, then gave the card to them to choose the ones they wanted so I could polish em a little. Left my memory card in Hull but I'll try to get a few up when I get back there.

7. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

a friend of a friend took the pictures at our wedding,he forgot to put a film in the camera :embarrass: :angry: he didnt get payed and i defo regret buying him a pint
    .......................its mildly amusing now

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Aye , with the old film in a can it must have been a nightmare, :scared:
    not knowing hwat you had untill it was developed :pray:

9. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well this wedding lark isn't as easy as we think,
    i have so far edited 17 in elements , phew its hard work keeping a check on your settings,

i think the pro boys deserve every pound they earn, my 17 have taken so far 2 hours of editing :wounded:

10. Supersonic

If I were you mate, I'd print a test one off first before you do anymore. In my experience, laptop screens and printers aren't always on the same wavelength :hurt:

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Yeh i thought that Kev ,
    I printed three off and noticed they turn out a tad darker then they look on the screen, :confused:
    So i will turn up the brightness a touch ,

I wrote down my settings so as to keep the coulors and contrast as near as poss the same on the indoor shots,

there is a bloody lot to remember mate :surprise:

12. Supersonic

eye mine were darker as well. I printed one and then changed the brightness setting of my screen to match it, so now everything I do on screen should match the printed product :happy:

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

How do you cange the brightness on the screen Kev,

14. Supersonic

You should have a function key 'fn' on your keyboard. I'm guessing hold that and find the matching keys for brightness up and down. All the available function keys on your keyboard will probably have their functions printed on in purple writing. Failing that try searching google for 'change screen brightness...............' insert your laptop brand and model where the dots are lol. I've already got a dedicated key for it on the macbook.

15. boonylocks

boonylocks Guest

I do them professionally , the first few are real bottle twitchers especially if things startt to go wrong like the weather or the best man not turning up. If you want good results from monitor to print the only way really is to buy a screen calibrator and set up a neutral light room to operate it in. Fair play to you for having the guts to jump in and do one. One thing though - always always always ALWAYS have a spare set up of back up gear , beg borrow and steal if need be - you wont be popular when your camera breaks and you aint go another.....

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Hope to be getting a canon 7D for crimbo, realy buzzin, i have a mate with some great canon lenses
    he will let me have first shout on them as well,

i am getting a 150-500 4.5 from him at a realy good price , :happy:

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Geee, you got some balls doing that. Not a chance I would have done it. Can we see some of the shots ?

18. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello Harry,
    Well done on having the courage to take on the task.......I couldn't do it, I'm allergic to weddings! :laugh:

Regards Ian

19. boonylocks

boonylocks Guest

the 7D is a nice body , very tough as well. I know a couple of people who use them. I`m still on my old 5D, 1Ds and 350d both the 5 and 1 are knocking on for 10 years old and going strong! Lens wise I have a siggy 10-20 on the 350 , 24-105 L f4 on the 5d and and 70-200L f2.8 on the 1d. expensive but worth every last penny

20. CBass

CBass New Member

Nice one Harry, looking good, I'd be tempted try it with a bit more saturation on the flowers and a bit of vignette to draw attention to the couple.