1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weaver Fish and SandEel on the fly

Discussion in 'Pints Piccies' started by Pint, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

Had a good outing today, caught 7 pollack, a weaverfish and a sandeel (About 18" long) on the fly.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

nice one Pint! dont let Yakkin Sam see that Pic of the weaver he will have nightmares!

what fly line were you using?

I take it that's the brigg?

3. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

nice one pint!..im avin a trek down there tomoro all bin well...me n mi jellys got an appointment with a pollack or 2!!

4. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

I use a cheap Airflo Polyfuse XT Di7 8 weight for pollack and flatties and a Cortland 444 SL with 15' Ghost tip for Bass.

Damn rain all morning from early on till this afternoon, got some really deep stripping cuts in my fingers. The water's crystal clear though and looked perfect today.

Had 12 pollack on Monday in the same area ranging from 8 inches in length to 3 lb.

May see you down there tomorrow Shammy, I'm on hols all week, trying to make on whilst the weather and winds are good. You won't be able to miss me , I'll be the only one using a fly rod.

5. shammy67

shammy67 only dead fish go with the flow

:laugh: :laugh: sorted bud..i'll be the one in the chesties sweatin mi nads off :crazy:

6. robq

robq Rockling

Nice pics pint :happy:

I need to get my arse in gear and have a proper go on the fly !! I still havnt used it up here yet and have still not had a saltwater fish on the fly :whatever:

What size fly were you taking the sandeels on ??

Rob

7. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Nice one pint
    i might have to sneak look in your fly pouch, im going for a look tonight with the fly rod and plugging gear see whats about

8. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

A very small White and Chartreuse clouser on a size 6 hook .