1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weathers Picking Up?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Acko, Jul 14, 2009.

1. Acko

Acko Rockling

It seems to me British Summertime is giving us a break next week or Two?
    Fingers Crossed
    Ive put this thread on What Do You think?
    Has this recent Rough up Improved the Fishing or Made it Worse?
    I heard a Codling was cught on Skinningrove Jetty Yesterday afternoon
    Where are the Maccarell?
    Will this Bust up help or hinder the Maaccarell Fishing (Bearing in mind if the Greedy Scotish Boats Have Left any for us)
    500 to 1000 Tonnes a Lift.
    Obscene as it is... True tho...
    Greedy horrible Bastadrs...........
    What You Recon Lads Will the Fishing Pick Up after this Rough???

2. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

had a go yesterday no mackies no cod a few bleg and a few whiting of runswick port very poor hope it picks up!!

3. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Rough means cloudy. Clear water is what we need for summer. The question is always "how long will it take to drop clear?"

4. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not too bad off runswick this morning, water a bit cloudy but not terrible
    managed one cod, just under 8lb and a pouting, wind was quite severe out there though and it was a job getting back in.
    if the wind dosent change drastically then it can only get clearer, going to try again in the morning, try to beat the wind

5. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

That's interesting - were you hokkaiing as usual? You have to be careful with westerlies, even in the bay you can get whisked out so quickly next thing you know you're looking at 45 mins paddle back to base! Well done on your cod - was that round the back of Kettleness or was a bit too grim out there?

6. crabsnsnags

crabsnsnags New Member

whiting, small Pollack, Dab, wrasse, weaver, Rockling and billet caught off scarborough pier lastnight, weather change seems have done nothing more than wonders :surprise:. Thats the most species I've seen caught there.

7. Benq23

Nothing doing round kettleness mate, sea state was actually better round there than at the mouth of the bay but sadly no fish (well.......1 pouting)
    as I say it was still a bit cloudy, hopefully be a bit better tomorrow, this is almost exactly the same turn of events that happened after the last blow, took a while for the fish to come back to the closer inshore marks. looks to be going northerly again by friday too, so get out while you can

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

It was terrible for the charter boats yesterday. I think Killer had 3 cod and a ling for a full days fishing.

9. Baramundi Bob

Current weather says strong northerly for early weekend. BBC long term forecast suggests August may be more settled with the Azores high moving in.

10. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

we were hoping for friday in festival but bbc and seaweed, it all looks grim the weather has spoilt the festival big style and looks like this week will be ok till weekend so goodluck to the mid week anglers

11. Baramundi Bob

fingers crossed for you Gibbo. A few eeks back the forecast was similar then on the Thursday it all changed and the weekend was beautiful

12. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Good old B.B.C. are predicting a lousy day for friday, loads of rain and wind. Still, they have been wrong once or twice before!

13. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

everything x d :crazy:weather predictors

14. Pint

Pint FluffChuckers Rule

Crystal Clear round the back of Filey Brigg this morning, still a bit coloured in the bay though.

15. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

That's interesting, wonder if it's to do with the swell direction?

16. Baramundi Bob

Its a strange thing but very common anywhere where there is a headland or reef (Thats just based on my observation). Not sure what causes it ? maybe less tide there or it is protected from the stirring of a swell. Similar things happen at Kettleness (Main runner behind the point of scar that runs out where the fingers are) and Lingrow Knock (shore side of the reef). It takes lot to colour the water in these places and it drops out fast too.

Just guessing but maybe the inside of the brigg colours up better in a southerly to south easterly sea ??

17. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

lookin at forecast its giving upto 50mph northwest from friday to monday

18. Benq23

water was cloudier today off kettleness than it was yesterday, kind of a milky green colour?
    bugger all going, was my first blank (and I was out for 6 hrs) in a month or so
    hit into a big fish which took the rod under the yak but it was off before I could start to play the bleedin thing, ended up losing another fish about 3hrs later, think that was a mackerel though, shaking about like a dervish
    very slow,
    looking from the cliff tops it appears the remaining colour is in patches, hoping its a bit better for the meet tomorrow night

19. madmickyb

madmickyb Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

hope the weather holds out ....coming across to the brigg thurs afternoon/evening :yes:

tight lines .....mick

20. Benq23

looks good for tomorrow mate, last chance saloon by the looks of friday, still hasnt changed from a big fat notherly