1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wear And Tyne Angling Reports

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Mar 14, 2012.

1. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Brilliant well done Dav. You should always remember that one - a coronation sea trout!
    Fair play for going out last night - I considered it but it felt so cold in the afternoon that I opted for the pub instead.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Thanks .
    This time i tried to ring the changes with my fly colour material and location ,i didnt feel as confident as compared to what i normally use and were i normally fish but it fished well and the fly did the bizz..fish was around 4 to 5 lb at a guess it fought like a demon and jumped for fun , arnt the fish strong early on ....fishings hard but well worth the rewards...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Inspired by dav's report yesterday I had a trip last night.
    Lost a small sea trout of around a pound and a half at 11. Kept jumping on a short line and came off as it was nearly ready for the net.
    Hooked into another 15 mins later. Absolutely mental fight and clearly a good fish - very nervous playing it after losing the previous one. After an epic battle I netted it and saw that it was a Salmon approx 8lb and very fresh. Released it and fished on. Got a sea trout 2.5lb which I kept for the pot.
    All on point fly 0.75" black and silver tube.
    Fantastic night I was over the moon.
    Pics are pretty poor but will try to upload one later.

Ps congrats again Dav 2 in 2 nights! Is that a needle tube?

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nice one mate sounds like you had a cracking session there , I wouldnt mind a salmon on the fly rod like .
    That second trout nearly ripped my fingers off when it decided to run at 100mph hahah awsome fishing like . I can only imagine what a big salmon could do on the fly rod The trouble is tho i have to learn to stick to the fly when there is colour in and the fish are running , in these conditions i prefare to spin , which i must say is a style of fishing i also love ...
    No its not a needle mate its just a veniards ally one . cheers

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Nice fish Dav. Keep up the good work, you deserve it mate.

6. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Had a small sea trout 1.5lb last night near Durham. River was a little high for night fishing and it didnt help that when I checked my fly I found that the wing had pulled out - dont know how long I'd been fishing with a bare tube!

By all accounts a lot of fish came in on the recent rise and many have run through Durham. There were a number of sea trout around 7lb caught on Tuesday including 2 for my fishing partner on spinner. River will be on it's way up again following todays rain.

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well done on the fish mate , i was actually down after work before you must of arrived on your bit i fished with the lures up until dusk , second cast i had a good fish hit me , quick splash off , then abit later on i had a lively seatrout on around 3lb and managed to loose that bugger too...., fancied fishing into the night but didnt have my trout fly rod on me . a mate of mine did fish into darkness tho and managed a seatrout around 3lb and by all accounts there was another couple come out .
    Me and a mate had booked egtons water today as abit of treat , i had me doubts like but got there to find it just under 2ft with far to much colour , gutted ..i know theres no chance but i hope it does drop off for later . pigs might fly tho .
    i do have a good mind to go back and fish it tho , 1 to have a look at the water and 2 to get some monies worth back even tho its a cert ide blank ...

8. bucko

bucko New Member

Was going to have a look up Esk later myself but it sounds like it might be a crack of dawn job tomorrow.
    Went up Wednesday night- perfect height for fly on the Middle river but didn't see or touch a thing. I don't suppose the overnight bridge works at Limber will be helping things.

9. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

a friend of mine has hooked and lost 6 fish up there this week ian and had one out around the 3lb mark. rivers well up now though.

at least some fish should be able to get up with this amount of water now that the fish pass at ruswarp is dammed off

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah its a gutter like . . i was down slei :laugh:ghts the other morning , looked pefect altho never seen one fish run or navigate the weir . was speaking to a whitby lad down there and even he thought it was perfect , he reckoned hed hooked and lost 2 seatrout on the morning tho , think it was thursday he also blamed the sand bags at ruswarp . i also fished the free stretch at lealholme and rakes common wed night , again it looked pefect if not a tad to coloured , never seen anything or touched anything .
    i defo think im gona head back off up there this afty like . ill look at egton and faiuling that might drive to sleights to fish after hw to see if anythings running . defo size 5 blades if you wanna stand a chance of been seen i reckon ....i hate not being able to get out fishing cause of some stupid rain ... :laugh:

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

Well ever the opportunist , i managed to stop by the river on my way home from working in consett the other day , . i stuck me rod in the van as i thought it might of been in good fettle and new were i was working . the river was a tad bit coloured for what i would of liked but managed to sneak a fish out and loose another around the same stamp so happy days ...
    5lb 9oz ..
    [​IMG]

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

is that a trout dav ?

13. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice deep set sea trout Dav- well done mate!
    I fully intend on getting myself out on Wear in the next couple of weeks.

14. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah it was abit of a sub like ian :yes:. it didnt half go like one aswell.

15. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Nice one well done Dav. Really good fish.
    I had a couple of hours last night on a high but clear river.
    Only had 1 chance and I blew it. I let go of the line just as it came onto the dangle to remove a midge from my neck.
    At that exact time a sea trout took and didn't stick. D'oh.

Also lost one last week on flying c.

16. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Well after doing little fishing for 6 weeks I was finally back on the river last night to find it around 6" above summer low but clear.
    Fish did show but werent taking. I had to work hard for 1 splashy pull which didnt stick.
    Weather forecast suggests more dry weather over weekend so might try again Saturday night.

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

I was going to go see if i could tempt a trout tonight buti ended up getting the bairn , might seeif i can sneak out tho later :cheesy:

18. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Dav did you manage to get to the river last night? Any joy?
    I'll be having another go tonight.

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

managed to get out mate ....did you get out ?

20. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Blotto again for me!
    Had a good pull and swirl from probable salmon at dusk then it went incredibly quiet.
    It's been a terrible year so far, for me anyway.

Hopefully you had more luck.