1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wear And Tyne Angling Reports

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Mar 14, 2012.

1. bucko

bucko New Member

Please put any Wear or Tyne angling reports in here.

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Its still well mended kelts that have made up the bulk of this Spring's catches on Tyne though there have been a handful (4) of genuine springers reported.
    Apparently the kelts are in such good shape there has been quite a bit of confusion when it comes to identifying them.

3. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

guess whats going thru the ice rink stretch at durham...
    not me catching it tho ......a video from another forum but well worth watching...

https://vimeo.com/40598162

always threw some good fish out on the "free stretch"

cheers
    Paul

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

I was actually contemplating giving the wear a go for the seatrout but since seeing that video on the other forum i think ill wait for now ..im guessing it will be busy

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah i spoke to him quite abit last year skunkhead he told me he used to be one of them lol...a nice bloke . he did quite well last year on the wear . thats the lad i told u about who was getting a few on the tidal section ....

6. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Has anyone heard of any sea trout showing on the Wear yet?
    I know a fair few springers have come off the free stretch.
    It seems to be warming up this week so with no rain forecast i mighthave my first evening/night trip on Wednesday.
    I'll post results but it's still quite early so it will be more in hope than expectation!

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Ive heard of a couple of small ones coming out mate when there was colour but since the colour dropped out havent heard of anything fromt he free stretch that is. th epast couple of days the river has been at a perfect fly height and clarity but im not sure if the fishs are just reunning straight through during thre day either that or the water and evenings are abit cold .....

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

There defo about mate , ive just lost ba good one .... :angry: :sad:. the same fish showed itself for a while after well im assuming it was the same fish ,but didnt want to know after it had been nicked

9. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Bad luck mate but great to hear there's some fish there.
    I'll be giving it a go tonight - will report tomorrow on how I get on .

10. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hard luck Dave, you'll get it next time.

11. bucko

bucko New Member

Heard of a good pod of sea trout sighted near Finchale last week- so its all to play for!

12. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

No fish last night. One jumped at dusk and another in darkness both in the pool I was fishing but I could tempt one.
    The worst bit of the evening was getting charged by 2 bulls! I havent moved so fast for years.
    There's obviously fish there - maybe not in great numbers yet.

13. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Fished the Wear with a mate last night. River only just above summer low. Saw 1 salmon and heard 1 sea trout in a different pool. No action.
    Conditions for night fishing were perfect - just not many fish in the system yet.
    Hopefully this rain will get things moving.

14. Davo

Davo Rockling

Yeah, its usually June before the pools fill with fish on the Wear-middle Wear anyway. Hope you have a good season.

15. bucko

bucko New Member

29lb salmon reported and confirmed from the Tyneside Syndicate water on Wear reported in this months Trout & Salmon.

16. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

wow, thats an exceptional fish

17. Dav

Dav Rockling

Had a couple of sessions so far with not much to show for my efforts , seen a few seatrout but havent managed to tempt any yet , altho i did have one that thought my rod was the highbar , i fken shyted me self .... :cheesy:
    Yeah thats some fish like wouldnt mind hooking one of them daddys like ..

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Had a couple of hours last night . , hooked played and lost a heavy fish , then i managed to land this bad boy fresh as can be ...on a home made special .
    The special.
    [​IMG]
    6lb 4oz
    [​IMG]

19. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

cracking conditioned fish dav.

nice one mate

20. bucko

bucko New Member

Well done Dav, thats a cracker to kick off your Wear season.
    I was all set for boat fishing this weekend but its a look about tonight and a good crack at them tomorrow.