1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WCSA Summer Festival 2010 - Another Great Sucess

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: WCSA Summer Festival

will try get it done in the morning

2. Baramundi Bob

Just adding a few snaps

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Baramundi Bob

Day 10 Results
    1.Steve Ackroyd – Cod – 12lb 08oz – Sea Urchin
    2.Sean Pickles – Ling 11lb 15.5 – 2 dogs
    3.Derek Walton – Cod – 11lb 14 – Sea Otter 2
    Day 11 Results

1.Trevor Linfoot – Ling – 18lb 09.5 – Shytorque
    2.Hugh Jones – Ling – 14lb 06 – Sea Otter 2
    3.Paul Hammer – Ling – 12lb – Shytorque

4. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

now thats just teasing with that box of shads.

5. Baramundi Bob

Hes bought me out.

6. Baramundi Bob

7. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well if I had to guess I'd put that ling at about 54lb and that pollack at about 25lb

Superb fishing that is

8. Baramundi Bob

No flies on you Brian :wink:

Hope to see you at the RNLI evening mate :happy:

9. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

We're there, boat booked, 12 of us with Jim on the Charisma and in the Fleece afterwards

10. Baramundi Bob

Lets hope for a couple of 90lb cod to show up.

11. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Lovely pollock that glenn, ANy details on how far off it was ect ??

12. dezzy

dezzy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

how big is that ling lovely fish well done to the bloke who landed it.

13. Captainahab

Captainahab New Member

Is that picture of the guy holding the ling the heaviest caught so far?. Or is it the angle of the photo making it look bigger?.

14. langy

langy Rockling

its 54lb i think, if you look on that link above it says its 54lb

15. Benq23

Benq23 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

man alive that lings enormous...also im stunned by the 25lb pollack, never imagined them getting that big. can you imagine the fight that would have given?
    looks to be some awesome fish coming out in this festival,

16. BigBen

BigBen New Member

is these weights for definate ? because they arent on the records on here yet are they unless ive missed them if i have please someone point me in the right direction thanks :happy:

17. Baramundi Bob

THE COD JUST KEEPS COMEING

Paul on sea-otter 2 has glenn stocks on board this week the main sponsor of the festival with john and richard they have had some great fishing since saturday apart from nearly been blown out of the water on sunday richard and john both had cod to around the 10lb mark richards best weighed at 11lb 2oz the freezer in cottage is allmost full allready they have had so much cod .

Richard with his 2 best yesterday the biggist 11lb 2oz

[​IMG]

John with his 2 best yesterday they both nudged the 10 lb mark
    [​IMG]

18. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

The actual weight of these fish are 26.2lb and 24.9lb (the 2 ling) caught in the festival i believe :yes:

19. cod.ling1973

cod.ling1973 I will cast more than 100 yards one day :-)

Re: THE COD JUST KEEPS COMEING

Is it just me or are the fish been caught this year looking a lot better quality?
    Superb fishing and well done lads i just hope its still fishing good for our forum trip!!!! :pray:

20. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Well, firstly let me say that the fish weighed in at 12lb 14oz - a lot smaller than a lot of you thought.
    It was a large fish but it wasn’t that heavy although it was well proportioned – I wish he’d had some dinner before I caught him!

The day started quite steady heading out from Whitby around 7:00am on the Charisma, first time on Jim’s boat and a very pleasurable experience too. A really good day with a good crowd of lads.

[​IMG]

We obviously went after the mackerel first and bagged up on that – plenty of bait for the big ling!

Being a kayaker I rigged up with the good old red and white woollies hoping to start the day off with a nice cod or two but it was hard to get through the whiting at first.

Anyway, after plenty of mackerel, numerous whiting, pouting, and coalies I finally managed to bag 3 decent codling - 1 to about 6lbs, 3 small ling 3-4lb and eventually the Pollock!

So, the Pollock story - I use a Shimano Speedmaster 20-30lb STC MultiBoat rod with an Abu Seven Multiplier. Now I don’t know if this has any significance but I’ve just replaced my Spiderwire braid with 80lb Berkley Crystal (the Spiderwire was looking a bit rough after a few of years use so thought I’d treat myself!). So it was the first time out on the Crystal. Anyway I rigged up with Black Psycho hokkis and a 12oz pirk with a whole squid on the bottom assist hook, looking for the ‘big one’ off one of Jim’s wreck marks. I’m not sure where we were but it was South out of Whitby and approx 5 miles out – I’m sure Jim has it marked!

Anyway, I’m jigging away and BANG rod bends right over – initial thoughts – SNAG!
    I start to attempt to free the ‘SNAG’ and feel movement – it goes slack and I think I’m free then it bends over again and thrashes about a bit – it’s a fish. So I start to reel and its coming, there’s a good bend on the rod but it’s a soft tipped rod so I was expecting that. A few shakes and dives but after a while it comes up fairly easily. We were quite deep so it took a few cranks to get it in but when it did, what a nice surprise - a good sized Pollock. My first double figure Pollock, so a PB for me and I think the only Pollock of the day. One of the lads on the boat – I think it was Eddy, gaffed it in and we looked to see that it had taken the middle of the 3 hokkis, completely ignoring the lump of squid.

The rest of the lads tried to get back down to see if there were any more lurking around but no joy.

[​IMG]

I’d like to thank Jim on the Charisma for getting me to the fish and Raymo my mate who was next to me giving me loads of encouragement and wasn’t at all envious!

Cheers

Mick