1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WCSA Angling Festival Rules.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by barrymac, May 14, 2013.

1. barrymac

barrymac Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

can someone please print the rules and regulatoins for the festivals, one skipper has told me that boats are not suppose to go more than 20 miles from whitby, is this correct or not.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: wcsa festival

Can you tell me which skipper has told you that ?

3. barrymac

is it correct or not ?

4. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Not that I know of! if the boat and skipper are licenced to fish beyond 20 miles and have the capability they can fish where they like.

5. barrymac

thanx for answering rich, but is that in the rules, there must be rules and regulations in all competitions

6. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

There is no mention in the rules regarding distance from Whitby only a start time and return time don't understand the relevance distance has?

7. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

There isnt any relevance I dont think Mick,

beside from that 26lber I got last week ALL the big fish ( 20 + ) from my boats have come within 10 miles of port, more than accessible for any whitby boat.

8. Baramundi Bob

Avante Mick knows the rules well so you can take what he says above as correct. I'm also sure if you wanted a copy you could call down and see Mick and he would give you them, no problems. So now the lads have been polite enough to answer your question, can you be polite too and enlighten us as to who this mystery skipper is who told you of this non existent festival rule, and more importantly the context of the conversation. Im confident I know, but please confirm it for me.

9. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

What would the significance be of this distance ruling? Implying cheating?

10. j99oel

j99oel Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I got told it was 20 miles a few years ago Glen, I was also told that during competitions some skippers were going beyond this and it was causing arguments amongst the charter fleet. Obviously some people have too much time on their hands.

Joel

11. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

as far as im aware there has never been such a ruling, even when i was as young as 7 or 8 we would venture out to the wall on slow boats taking over 3 hours to get there. there was a time where the boats were divided in decca and non decca class, when charter boats were just starting to get fitted out with navigators.

12. Baramundi Bob

Never been such a rule, but it would be nice if someone could confirm who is getting other people to fire their own bullets.

13. Baramundi Bob

I feel Barrymac has got his desired effect here. Time to come clean BARRY AND LET US ALL KNOW EXACTLY WHAT HAS BEEN SAID AND BY WHOM. iT NEEDS DEALING WITH.

14. jethro

jethro New Member

It looks like you've dealt with it Glen, Don't think you're gonna get your answer mate. :evil:

15. seaurchinmick

seaurchinmick New Member

The WCSA has always tried to be perfectly transparent rules are available on each vessle during festivals and in the display cabinet in the car park I have posted them below it would be nice if anglers could do the same and enlighten us which skippers said festivals were limited to 20miles?

Whitby charter skippers association
    Competition Rules

Competition hours are from 7am. Until 5pm. No boat to go through the bridge before 7am. (On the GPS.)

Boats not returning through the bridge before 5pm. (or the 5pm. opening) will be disqualified.

The association will not be responsible for any fishing time lost through breakdown and/or recovery. Safety at sea must take priority and any dispute will be referred to the committee whose decision will be final.

Official w.c.s.a. weighing in slips must be produced at the weigh in, fully completed and signed by the skipper. (Skippers are endorsing the catch was made on there vessel on that day by said angler)

Fish are to be weighed in whole, and then any potential festival winner will be gutted and inspected for any foul play by the weigh master and /or his assistant.

The weigh master has the right to disqualify any entry he suspects is a victim of foul play or tampering and his decision will remain final.

Committee to decide whether or not to cancel for bad weather on morning of competition.
    In case of any dispute the committee’s decision will be final.

Any one fish can only be entered in one class of the competition.

All fish are to be ready at the weigh in station no later than 5.30pm
    And no dispensation will be allowed for late entry.

WCSA members and skippers may not enter the competion.

Only WCSA. Member’s boats may enter the competion.
    Any refunds due to competitors must be claimed from the skipper of their boat.

All prizes to be collected within 3 months.

For reasons of conservation the wcsa operate a catch and release program on sharks, local bye laws also state no tope can be landed
    As such no sharks will qualify in the fishing festivals run by the wcsa.

16. Baramundi Bob

So there is the rules in full. No mention of a twenty mile limit. Will Barry now enlighten us to who put him up to posting the question and demanding a reply. Also i want to know the context of the question and why it was asked , ie what is being insinuated ?? Barry I feel your been led a merry dance here; and the outcome could result in a whole lot of problems for you a d your friend if you continue to fire his bullets for him.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

17. flactem

flactem Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

talking to Barry the skipper who has now left the association had got it part right boats that are licenced to 20 miles do have a 20 mile limit but that does not ristrict the 60 mile licenced boats hope that helps

18. barrymac

thanx mick, i now realise the information was incorrect, i apologise to anyone i have offended, it appears this romour was given to joel years ago, i hope this topic can now be closed and WCSA skippers accept my apologise

19. Baramundi Bob

Barry you have engaged In malicious nonsense. You have used our forum to try cause problems when you could have asked the question in private. You have insisted on answers on the open forum. I believe yours or your friends aim was to bring wcsa into disrepute. If I was them I would consider talking to a solicitor. I'm very unhappy about this. I now insist you tell us what has gone on an why. I'll give you to this evening.

Sent from my HUAWEI U8815 using Tapatalk 2

20. Baramundi Bob

Cheers for the info Joel, as you can see in the rules of the festival no mention has ever been made of what distance a boat may fish at during the festival.

If anyone thinks differently then they should produce the paperwork or minutes of meetings.

I guess if a boat was licensed to fish at 100 miles and could make it there and back in the allotted time, then there would be no problem.

As for arguing amongst the skippers, Ive known them years, some Ive known all my life, they are a very close knit unit, they work well together and aim to promote boat fishing at Whitby.

They work together and play together, you will see many of them on the Fleece Balcony or in the Endeavour on an evening.

So I dont know why someone would say there is disharmony or why they would choose to do that, but yes Joel im guessing someone has far too much time on their hands, I think I know who and why, and their behaviour is backfiring and reflecting very negatively on themselves and noone else.