1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watercraft Manta Ray 14 Kayak? anyone used one??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Andyk22, Apr 3, 2014.

1. Andyk22

Andyk22 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all,

looking to get into this kayak business this year ;D

Seen a couple of these Watercraft Manta Ray 14 Kayaks on ebay and read a few articles (all complimentary but these things usually are) and wondered if anyone has used one / owns one of these yaks??

any comments welcomed as they seem a bit cheaper than the rivals and to me you only get what you pay for in this world?? :-\

cheers

Andy

2. andym

andym Rockling

Not a model I'm familiar with but had a quick Google and there own sales pitch claims ideal for on flat water and rivers so depends on your intended use for saltwater use I think there are much better options IMHO

3. Andyk22

A good point well put Andy!

http://www.canoekayak.com/gear/native-watercraft-manta-ray-angler-14-review

the article has a pic of a guy at sea in it (as far as i can tell) but then goes on to state 'With its rock-solid primary stability, the Manta Ray feels ideally suited for conquering endless, secluded grass flats, but less so for an everyday surf-boat. A wet launch will fill the cockpit'

The whole of this article seems to contradict itself at various points :eek:

Think im better off saving a few pennies up and going for one of the more well known and proven yaks!! :)

(thats once ive managed to get a suitable roof rack which is proving a bit of a pain!!!)

Cheers!

4. waynethered

waynethered Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ive just bought a trident 13 and it goes on my halfords roofrack, go fine together

Sent from my R800i using Tapatalk 2

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

What sort of price are we talking and do you have any links to one on ebay ?

6. Jordy

Jordy New Member

Think im better off saving a few pennies up and going for one of the more well known and proven yaks!! :)

(thats once ive managed to get a suitable roof rack which is proving a bit of a pain!!!)

Cheers!

[/quote]

Have you considered using a 'Soft Rack' as shown on YouTube. Quickly on and quickly off to save fuel.

Jordy :)

7. Andyk22

Hi gents and apologies for the late response!

Link to the yak i mentioned in the title
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Native-Watercraft-Manta-ray-14-sit-on-top-kayak-Angler-Spec-/161269301915?pt=UK_Sporting_Goods_CanoesKayaks_Rafts_SM&hash=item258c66429b#ht_291wt_958

Soft rack - never heard of them, great idea and look dead easy to fit! problem is i have a golf 3 door and the back windows dont open to pass the bands through to fix and it doesnt have a rail to fit a 'normal' roof rack. think ill have to trawl a few VW forums and see if there is anything on the subject!!