1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

warrior 175 boats

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by willybendit, Jan 4, 2015.

1. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

just a heads up for those who have a warrior 175 Rupert Jason & Dave after a few owners reporting that there boat hulls where filling up with petrol it as been found to be a common fault with the inbuilt fuel tank so if you own a 175 ring warrior to find out about the free replacement of the fuel tank as far as i know you have to take your boat to the warrior factory the repairs will be done free of charge see there facebook page for more info Happy new year to one and All

2. Clement

Clement Blenny

Thanks very much for the info.
    Andy

3. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Ill be giving Paul a ring in a few days. Thanks for the heads up.

4. cps

cps Rockling

hope they stand by the ones that did it themselves after warrior washed there hands of them
    what were they thinking sticking tanks in a boat with expanding foam and thinking it would never get wet
    at least they have done the right thing now would think they will have all the 175s to do and posserbly the 165 pro anglers

5. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for that Alain, I opened mine up and checked it out, no problem yet but I was considering changing it anyway. thought I was going to have to get one made at Scaife engineering though ;D

6. rupert

rupert Blenny

Thanks Alain, had a look on facebook, but couldn't find anything about the issue - Maybe me being daft and not being observant on the facebook page. Do you have a direct link you could post up? If not, I will ring Warrior Boats anyway and see what the situation is.

Cheers, Rupert

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

https://www.facebook.com/groups/warriorboats/ think this is the link to it hope all goes well for you lads that have them

8. rupert

rupert Blenny

Thanks Alain - Top Man!

Link worked perfectly and was really helpful to a Facebook dinosaur like me. It does sound like I need to ring Warrior Boats and join the list! Hopefully, things will be made good on 'Bimini Twist' before the 2015 northern season gets underway.

If Warrior are prepared to resolve the fuel tank issue on older boats like mine at their own cost, hats off to them!! Top Marks for maintaining their brand quality and in particular their out of warranty back up. I'm sure that their positive attitude to integrity of their brand will stand them in good stead for future sales and maintain confidence in their great product.

I suspect a number of their rival boat manufacturers might not have stepped up the mark like that......Good on 'em!

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

there as been a fair amount of guys playing hell as at first warrior said its not there problem the internet is a vary power full tool im hoping to buy a B /new 175 been round the factory and was impressed but once the trouble started i thought just a minute if i spend £40.000 on a bloody boat i dont want a hull full of fuel in a few years time ill wait until i see what changes warrior make to the 175 and go from there you only need one bad apple to spoil a basket of fruit hope to see you later in the year ive a few scottish trips planed and one or two down cornwall tight lines Alain

10. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Spoken to Paul at Warrior today. The only problems theve had is where there has been sea water got into the hull in some way. Usually this has been where the inspection hatch near the engine has been removed and not sealed properly again.
    He told me that the majority of boats they have checked upto now have been fine even 10+ yrs old ones, but they are offering this upgrade to everyone either as a self fit or if you take the boat to them they will fit it free. He also said they will offer a discounted engine service is this councides with the refit.
    The upgrade cosists of fitting a fibreglass into the buyoyancy void where the tank fits. Cleaning up the tank (if necessary) and fitting it back into the tub with some rubber buffering, meaning the tank will be isolated from the hull and safe from any water ingress provided the hatch above it is corectly sealed.

So the only 175 owners who need to rush to get this done are those that have had a lot of sea water in their hulls for a length of time.

11. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

sounds like a piss poor going on ill be saving my money and looking for a S /hand 175 the do the refit myself using a plastic tank dont know the guys name but he as had a plastic tank fitted and who ever as done it as made a cracking job im sure C P S could make and fit a S / Steel tank that would solve the problem think warrior are after doing the job as cheap as possible think there is going to be well upset 175 owners

12. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I also spoke to them today, And like Rupert says it seems there is two sides to every story. whilst they don't seem to have dealt with it as well as they could, Its possible the guy who has kicked off all the fuss might not have given us all the facts ;) for what its worth I lifted the floor on mine which is a 2007 model and the tank was fine & it was dry in the bilge. I will probably self fit the free modification and new hatch because I don't fancy driving it to Preston and back, but they have offered to do the work free. So from my experience's dealing with Warrior boats they have been fair and helpful & I am very happy to own one.

13. Howard

Howard Blenny

I was told Warrior felt they had to go through this path of action on essentially a serious safety issue. If there was an exploding 175 then the consequenses could finish the company. Good luck to all owners on sorting this out.

14. cps

cps Rockling

why design something hoping water will never get in, when other boat manufactures design to allow the water out if it dose get in,
    Im not a fan of them myself but will say there finish quality is very good if not better than all the other small boats, its just things like the reliance on silkaflex in places
    like the rear splash well access hatch then not having a drain bung to drain the hull void area that put me off that and the fact they were £5k moresecond hand than the boat I got