1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted pair of zziplex

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by paulliver, Feb 15, 2017.

1. paulliver

paulliver Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As above anybody selling any
    Get in touch
    Atb paul

2. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Might be better if you say which type of Zippy you're after there's a lot of different types out there:cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. paulliver

Ok start with a matching pair first :)

4. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It sounds as though you are wanting a "label "not a rod.

For instance, if you bought a pair of Zziplex light Bass rods,they would not be much good off Bempton Cliffs, conversley if you bought a pair of B14's, they would not be much good for light float or bass fishing. :)

Roger.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. paulliver

Then clean to rough ground over the holderness coast
    14ft if possible and not like a scaffolding pole :)

• Like Like x 1
  6. robq

robq Rockling

Why is it you are just after a pair of zippys ? What is wrong with any of the other main manufacturers?

The fact that you are just looking for the label of zziplex, without any understanding of the current or previous ranges rings serious warning bells !!

Don't get me wrong I think zziplex are fantastic, however you need to umderstand your own needs before wading into the market for a pair of zippys ;)

There are sooooo many different rod lengths, actions, tip materials, casting weights etc etc that its a minefield even for an experienced angler/caster

Do you cast otg, overhead thump, backcast or pendulum, flat arc or high swing ?

Do you prefer a stiffer tip and more parabolic action, or a faster actioned glass tipped rod ?

Do you cast reel up or down ?

Fixed spool or multi ?

Mono or braid ?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. paulliver

Looks like nobody is selling any anyway ;)
    Must be that good :)
    What would you recomend for pendulum casting with reel up like a stiffish tip so its not bouncing in the wind
    Atb paul

Last edited: Feb 16, 2017
  8. robq

robq Rockling

Guessing your talking about multi with mono I would say that 14ft with high reel is a lot of rod to take on even for a tourny caster:eek:

If you want a firm tip that rules out the GT versions

I would say that a lt bullet (not evo )at 14ft would fit your bill but the M4 standard at 13, 5 would be better for high reel, the evo version is 20 percent stiffer and the gt version has a glass tip so way too soft for what you are asking for

• Like Like x 2
  9. paulliver

Yes multi with mono
    So lt bullet or standard m4 sound good :)had a pair of the old penn ppt also had greys pz match and century cct carbon
    Just fancy some zzipys :)

10. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Must have a heart of gold Rob I gave up after the first smartass answer.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  11. paulliver

Did know id given you a smartass answer
    By saying i wanted a matching pair .
    So looking for a pair of m4
    Thanks for the advice
    Atb paul

• Like Like x 1
  12. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If your still looking for some rods i have a mate selling a pair of anyfish anywhere tourny match rods
    Ones never used and the other a hand full of times.there 13.8 in length and perfect for the beach.cost £320 each looking £450