1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wanted.....Kayak to rent please read and consider

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by FileyLad, Jul 4, 2010.

1. FileyLad

FileyLad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi i know i am clutching at straws but i am looking to rent a fishing sit on kayak. Would like to rent for use of fishing in the filey area. I will pay good prices to use your kayak when your not using i am a very trustworthy and reliable masters student can get lots of good references. Will pay any deposit required and good price to rent!! Am desperate now so please message me. Thank you :educated:

2. crabsnsnags

crabsnsnags New Member

Just let you know that the surf shop on scarborough north bay (supasux I think) rents sit ons for about £50 a day, don't know what they're like for taking them elsewhere and you'd also have to have your own gear.

3. FileyLad

Thank you very much i will check it out but that quite expensive...... i will give them a call and thank you for your help!

4. Jellyworm

Jellyworm Rockling

I think the problem you might bump into is that someone taking payment for renting to you would then become liable in the event of any accidents as well as the user you. Meaning suppose you are landing and accidently crash into a child on a beach and injure them .
    Insurance will be the reason for the high cost of rent from the surf store.

For the amount to pay as a deposit and then rental would it not be a better option to finance one with a loan or credit card if you can't fund the cost in cash ?

For a decent 2nd hand yak you'll be looking around £400....that broken down wouldn t be a great deal to shell out especially with 0% credit deals for fixed periods.

Just a thought, it's sad really that liability comes to mind but wherever payment for things is taken you can bet your last dollar that someone will see pound signs in an accident.

5. FileyLad

Thank you for the replies i suppose you are right tbh....... i will start to look around and have a gander.....

Thank you for your help :-0