1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

*VITAL INFORMATION* -READ THIS AND TAKE APPROPRIATE ACTION.............

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by northbayotter, Mar 27, 2008.

1. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

just a reminder for those of you that have already not done so the time to respond to the consultation for the recreational sea angling strategy ...IS NOW..
    -as your response must be submitted on or before the 31st march which is the deadline for your veiws to be considered

the e-mail adress which you need to send your response to is :-

consultation.coordinator@defra.gsi.gov.uk

and the consultation document(s) which contain notes upon issues and questions which you are invited to respond to can be found on defra's website at: -

www.defra.gov.uk

although aparrently the threat of a sea angling rod licence has now been consigned to the bin there are still many vital issues you should take the time and trouble to express your veiws about as in the long run it may prove to be worthwhile .

-as there is strength in numbers the governments climbdown on licences has proved that.
    so don't just slip back into the apathy that 'someone else will sort it'

SEIZE THE CHANCE TO SECURE SOMETHING BETTER through the marine bill......

the n.f.s.a, the s.a.c.n., or the bass society won't do it for you......

- they can't as they do not have the weight of numbers that angling contains as a whole

- but their veiws coupled with everyone esle that has taken the time and trouble to submit a response to this vital consultation has added their weight of feeling to the matters at hand .....

"A MIGHTY OAK CANNOT BE FELLED WITH A SINGLE SWING OF THE AXE"

-it must be chipped away at and with each chipping it gets weaker.... and weaker....

- so make sure you take out your chipping from defra's "trunk" .... and be sure that if many others like you do the same this will offer the best chance (however slim) that defra will be 'felled' and submit to our collective will none the less :pray: :wink:

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Re: [/color just a reminder re: the consultion on R.S.A. CLOSES 31st

Every person on this forum should have responded to it,if you have not...pull your finger out and do it now :yes: :happy:

3. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

Re: just a reminder re: the consultion on R.S.A. CLOSES 31st

come on folks , -this is so important smokey is right on the money with his comments,

-originally (up till very recently) the forthcoming marine bill was the greatest threat to sea angling's future after all the years of mis management and abuse of the sea by the commercial sector.

now it is clear that the most damaging element has been deleted (licencing) while there are some elements that clearly have potential harm remaining with a questionmark over them it is essential that : -

.....EVERYONE RESPONDS....

SO COME ON, -TURN IT AROUND ON THEM ....

...MAKE IT WORK FOR US! -INSTEAD OF AGAINST US!

4. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

Re: just a reminder re: the consultion on R.S.A. CLOSES 31st

this is important guys & gals :yes: :yes: :yes:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Im looking forward to reading the replies when Defra Publish them. Will be interesting to see who has said what :happy:

6. wec

wec Nunc est biben dum

ive posted mine ,is that ok,couldn't find an email address at the time :no:

7. northbayotter

northbayotter New Member

good oh! :happy: :happy: :happy:

-all roads lead to rome m8 :wink:

8. Baramundi Bob

Sent mine earlier.

9. MFC

MFC Blenny

i sent mine,which makes me proud that i got off my butt and voiced my opinion

10. Baramundi Bob

Rightly so :yes: