1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIRGIN KAYAKER

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by PhilEllis, Aug 18, 2012.

Tags:
  1. PhilEllis

PhilEllis Blenny

Dear All,
    I am thinking about purchasing my first kayak. I have been looking at Galaxy Kayaks on Ebay. Look great value for money. I have had an endless battle with myself - boat - kayak - boat - kayak and finally I think Kayak.
    I live in Northallerton so best place for me to start I would say is Saltburn....
    If I were to buy one and a wetsuit / life jacket etc... would anyone go out with me on first trip as I would be slightly nervous. I used to be a competent canoist years ago......
    What would your accessory / essentials be for example - fish finder / kayak sail / rudder etc
    Any advice would be appreciated.
    Thanls :wink:

2. stonefish

stonefish Any fool can criticise , complain and most fool do

have a go 1st you may hate it or love it
    you can have a go at flam on sat 25th if you want
    we have a coach so if you would like alittle help he can see you right

its expensive to start
    a nice starter yak for the money are the fat yaks
    £350 will get ya yak paddle and seat new form fat yak direct

they can have it with you in 2 days too

3. PhilEllis

PhilEllis Blenny

Thanks Ill look into it :)

4. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Hello Phil, new to it myself, did the coaching at runswick, well worth it. I have found runswick a good place to start, saltburn can have some big surfs, remember from when I used to surf used to be a strong current too. If you get one more than welcome to join me anytime, usually post when I'm off out.
    1st wet and wild sorted me out with a good package recommend them highly

5. Mitch167

Mitch167 Whitby Fishing Forum is the dogs nuts .

Now Phil I live in thirsk not been kayaking all that long me
    Sen but got some books that might help.

6. pippen

pippen Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Alrite mate your more than well come to join me n Simmo out ov runswick it sound there lealy always good conditions or If your Ova this way n we are out you can have a go on mine

7. pedro916

pedro916 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

My best advice is get down to flamborough have a good look at all the yaks ask plenty of
    questions and have a test drive and then make your mind up what you want everyone
    is friendly and will answer questions and give advice.

Pete C.

8. PhilEllis

PhilEllis Blenny

Thanks lads - Ill go and have a look at flambrough first then if I like Ill be in touch. I really want to do it but theres so much choice out there. I need to research safety / equipment etc.... Ill have a drive over and ask some questions :)

9. Mitch167

Mitch167 Whitby Fishing Forum is the dogs nuts .

I'll be up there so you can have a go on me p13