1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VHF Radio channels.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by leejames12, Jul 8, 2017.

1. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

Hi guys, im just wondering, im from middlesbrough and usually fish skinninggrove and redcar on my 3.2 metre Soft Inflatable Boat. I understand that channel 16 is incase s**t hits the fan but what is the ship to ship chat channel, i beleive its 10 but i am unsure. any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lee

2. northseafun

northseafun Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Lee you should not use a vhf radio unless you have done the vhf course.It can only be used in an emergency without a vhf certificate and a ofcom vhf licence which is free online.Hope this helps.

3. leejames12

leejames12 Blenny

I know this, but still, that doesnt answer my question.

Thanks though.

4. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

For the area youre fishing, channel 8, if you can get dual watch on your hand held do an 8/16 , that way you miss nothing

5. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

don't forget some people speak with forked tongue so dont believe all you hear unless it's someone you know and if they say they're the silent one it's a lie:rolleyes:

6. brian carragher

Might have a look down in the morning and see whats about, would have liked to have been away first thing but just got back in from a round trip to Stirling so it might have to be an afternoon trip out at best

7. brian carragher

How did you get on?