1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

vera robinson o.b.e

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by portlandbill, Aug 3, 2015.

1. portlandbill

portlandbill Blenny

dont know if many people on here knew vera, but she was a tireless fund raiser for redcar lifeboat and historian.
    She has died aged 101 r.i,p

2. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

What a wonderful LADY Vera was , I knew here for many years and she was a joy to know , she did so much good in her life
    if only more people had been like her the world would be a much much nicer place RIP VERA

3. Mike Clydesdale

Mike Clydesdale Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I knew Vera (about 55 years ago!) from my early fishing days at Saltburn & District Angling Club. She was tireless in organising the Junior members of the club and turned out in all weathers. Obviously a well respected person and fully recognised for her services to the area. A well deserved innings.

4. thumbtack

thumbtack Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Very sad to hear of the death of Vera, she was a great Lady and will be sadly missed.

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

one in a million that lady

6. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oh dear...a wonderful lady looked after us juniors in the Teesbay and redcar angling club in the 70's
    Will be missed.

7. GJW

GJW Rockling

RIP Vera..

8. Rockford

Rockford Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Fond memories of all she did in her lifetimethe . RIP good Lady.