1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uptiding Wednesday On Sea - Otter 2 Its still Throwing Those Cod Out In Numbers

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Apr 18, 2014.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Wednesday with a nice sunny forcast but a farly stiff breeze forcast and the tides still big the uptiding was the favourable option.

What was quite amaizing on wednesday was just how many dogfish we caught i think the total was 7 over the day they arent big but can be a bit of nuisense hammering the baits the lads ended up with around 50 or more cod on the boat so for mid to late arpil you cant knock it still good sport for the lads and with the sun beating down the lads kept saying this is great been out on the water .

Charles had a nice day i think he said he had 13 or 14 cod for the day so he was well happy.

[​IMG]

Me old mate steve hoyle from scarborough with 1 of the 7 doggys the lads got throughout the day

[​IMG]

Local lad pete hill allways fishes with me in april festival he has done it for many years cod and chips tonight.

[​IMG]

Mike and Ken again both local lads ken managed to take 1 st in dailys ken started slow in the morning but came with rush in the afternoon mike was other way round out of traps like a rocket in the morning but slowed in the afternoon
    The banter was good but ken did get some of that special killer bait off me and it did pay off for him.

Mike with a couple of his fish

[​IMG]

As the day got warmer he changed hats.

[​IMG]

Ken with his daily winner big smiles for ken.

[​IMG]

Dave alexander again fished with me for years dave allways enjoys his fishing loves his wrecking and his uptiding .

[​IMG]

The lads had some lovelly weather wednesday anda nice few fish for the table nothing big but all takeable and the cod inshore at the moment are in slightly better condition than those in the deeper water the fish are little thin after spawning but this will change very shortly.

Yesterday 5 of the lads were allready in whitby so we turned out the forcast was for the wind to come strong by midmorning but they were mad keen to wet a line again the only option was the uptiding i said we might just get 3 or 4 hours that doesnt matter they said it onlys takes a couple of minuites to land a big fish so off we went we did get only 3 hours but the lads still enjoyed there few hours i did say you just never know we had conger and ling around the 20lb mark last winter uptiding but as allways whether uptiding or wrecking if your names on it yours .

This was ling we got uptiding a few weeks ago so just never know it was 15lb again we had ling and even conger around the 20lb uptiding last winter.

[​IMG]

As i said we were only out a few hours yesterday but the lads still got fish peter gott was all smiles when he got his first north sea cod .

[​IMG]

paul.

2. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Looking like the last day of the festival tommorow all the lads are first timers tommorow here at whitby so the a bit of a jolly but they are still going in the festival.

paul.

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am just so mad I missed it all, I am stuck at work at Holland. All I've seen is hundreds of flatties:) At least the. Commercials can't get at them I am working on a wind farm. Flatfish nurseryB-)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk