1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uptiding Today On Sea-Otter 2 The Good Fishing Continuies

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jan 26, 2014.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

After my week away in tenerife its back into action yesterday was first day back at sea hopes were high after my last trip before my holiday the fishing was excellent and with the water being very coloured all the signs were there was good days sport for the lads.
    Yesterdays tide wasnt the biggist for uptiding but that didnt put the fish off it was little dull yesterday morning when we set sail and it still hadnt got full daylight before the lines went over but as you can see it wasnt long before the rods were bouncing one of lads went straight into a fish the rods is well over.

[​IMG]

A nice fish about 6lb was the rewards next cast in the water just a couple of minuites and the rods over again plus john vero at the back of the boat is also into a fish the fun has well and truelly started.

[​IMG]

John gets a nice fish well over 6lb

[​IMG]

John isnt in long again and the rods right over looks like another good fish and sure enough it is .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Young jack johns son aint gonna be left out as usuall father like son they just keep catching fish and plenty of them as well.

[​IMG]

This man has a belter and fished very steady a few fresh blacks did help but as i allways say to the lads bait is the main thing good bait does the trick dont leave your line in to long fresh bait regualary means one thing fish .

[​IMG]

This lads first time uptiding he loved it he was begging for another go today but with the forcast being rubbish i had to cancell but he will be back .

[​IMG]

All in all another cracking days sport steady fishing and on a small tide over 50 fish on the boat between 5 not bad and the tides are lift this coming week so watch out a lot more action to come could that 20lb plus cod be there for the taking its that time of the year.

paul.

2. twinsdad

twinsdad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thoroughly enjoyed Paul, great day out!

Simon

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Cheers simon glad you enjoyed it bud a nice day and some bonny fish as well when look at today what a comparison.

paul.

4. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fishing Paul . Looking snotty for tommoz :(

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

John BBC only 10 mph SW tommorow they have dropped it a lull mate in the low so its looking like its on ring me at 5 pm mate just checked it 5 minuites ago so fingers crossed.

paul.

6. Jmeddy

Nice one Paul cheers

7. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Paul- just put up on Rich's posts how good it is to see a couple of boats not shutting up shop for Winter and proving that quality fishing can be had.
    The Whitby uptiding scene can only grow and grow now!

8. lucy may

lucy may Blenny

Nice one Si a good day by the look of it.

Dave

9. twinsdad

twinsdad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yes was a good day Dave, a very much needed cod fix.

Roll on Summer!

Si

10. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Glad you en

11. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Best cod today uptiding went over 9 lb some nice fish so as the tides lift it should get better and better .

Paul

12. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Started off a total nightmare for me. but ended up with 9 fish my best was bowt 3.5/4 pound had a nice day in the end remember what I said if owt comes up giz a shout

13. Jmeddy

Funny old day lost a few decent fish as well . Still managed a bag full and for a small tide I think we all had a good turn . Thanx for another good sesh Paul ,nice to meet you as well perry . Oh and guess who won the sweep ha :))

Cheers

John

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Bit of luck john mate here is the picuture of the the best cod on the boat today worm and squid once again seems to keep hitting the big ones more to come .

9lb ocd.

[​IMG]

paul.

15. MandolinBanjo

MandolinBanjo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish that, what size baits are you guys using at the mo? I was out in November and we were using half squid and black on a single 5/0 hook, anything changing currently? We're out with Rich on Saturday fingers crossed for the weather :)

16. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You lost a belter john by the bend in your rod very unlucky mate i am sure it was into double figures and you dropped a few more you get those days where they seem to drop off on the way in still a nice day john and a nice few fish onboard and the forcast was spot on .

paul.

p

17. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeah nice 2 meet u 2 john. Hopefully will get out again very soon weather permitting. And talking about fish been finicky.... must of had 5-6 drop off was frustrating as hell left them long enuff so they would hook themselfs aswell still .... thats fishing

18. Jmeddy

19. Jmeddy

Nice one perry got a month of nights n weekends coming up so off to try n get out before then hopefully .

Cheers

John

20. thebigdogsix

thebigdogsix Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thats one handsome bloke holding your fish paul. Great crowd on the boat good day at sea can't wait to come back and win my fiver back ;D