1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

UPTIDING - Cod And Pollock At Anchor

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Acko, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Acko

Acko Rockling

I was bored today So I decided to take the boat off for a few hours and Fish the top of this afternoons tide.
    I went out around 2pm and came back just before 5pm.
    I havent had much luck lately on the boat So I decided to take Steerser and Ringers advice and try uptiding.
    It payed off I dropped anchor about 1/2 mile off under the cliffs and fished mussel, squid, worm and crab.
    I got into some nice fish between 3 and 7lb Got three at 5lb and caught a pouting and some Whiting.
    Thanks for the advice lads I will be doing more uptiding from now on thats for sure.
    Cheers.

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

Re: Uptiding

well done paul.glad you got some fish.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I like uptiding its like shore fishing but you usually catch. It would be the only type of fishing I would put to sea for these days.

Well done on the fish PAul ;D

4. steerser

steerser Blenny

nice one mate!
    did you get the anchor back alright?.. ;)

5. Acko

Acko Rockling

Had to drive over it a couple of times But got it Ok cheers.
    I didnt half hurt my fingers on the way out 3 great swells came at us as we left the beach. One hit us as it broke Steep as fook lol
    I jumped forward in the boat to get the front down I grabbed the seat and a fishbox slid under the seat as the boat slammed down my fingers were trapped between the underside of the seat and the fish box The pressure made my fingers Burst. OUCH I had 2 ruddy great holes in my fingers Not cuts they bloomin popped lol. I found a bit of old rag tied it round and went fishing anyway.
    that made pulling the anchor a wee bit more difficult lol. But I managed and my fingers are ok today, They on the mend anyway.

6. steerser

steerser Blenny

get yourself an alderney ring mate.

just a stainless steel ring made of 10mm bar (i got one made for about £9) about 7 inches round with a decent sized pellet,fender,or bouy attached to it, let the engine do the work, bo**ocks to pulling it in by hand... ;D

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Article on uptiding at

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/uptiding.php

If you think you could add any info please let me know.