1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Uptiding , caught my first fish !!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lynn_M, Jan 13, 2014.

1. Lynn_M

Lynn_M Its all about fast bikes & fishing !!!! :-)))))

Im a happy smiley Lynn, went uptiding on the Sea Urchin yesterday and instead of catching seaweed and crabs *cough* i got me my first ever fish a little 2.7 lb Cod ;D may it be the first of many , cant wait to go again was abit chilly as the wind picked up and tbf felt a little queshy towards the end of the day with the motion of the ocean but loved it 8)

Lovely sunrise as we set off :)

[​IMG]

My fish in the middle 8)

[​IMG]

First attempt at filleting .....not too shabby lol

[​IMG]

:D

2. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lyn going myself shortly hope i get some i love uptiding

3. Lynn_M

Thanks ;D id be out every weekend if i could afford it lol good luck for when you go :)

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done. I am a fan of uptiding. A great way 2 stock ya freezer up in winter
    I try 2 get out 2-3 times everytime im home. And with filleting its just a case of trail and error its like most things the more u do it the better u get. Not a bad effort at all though.

5. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Lynn practice makes perfect as someone once said to me about filleting, looks like you made a nice job pleased you enjoyed uptiding. sounds like you will be booking to go again with Pete

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thats some skill with the knife lyn. Can u come to the haubour when i get out and sort mine for me

7. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done lynn.. u soon be catching more than daz lol.u just need that first fish of the shore now and then u a fisherwomen lol.

8. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one lynn, am not very good at filleting myself but would be happy with them.

9. Lynn_M

Thanks :D yeah as soon as i have some spare cash ill be booking again , hopefully very soon ive got the start of an addiction ;D

Could be a career move hey haha

Cheers Deano haha, theres defo some there with my name on them , mr ching chong china man finally sent me my braid yayyy haha wont be long till im a fisherwoman i have faith ;)

Cheers :D

10. cuzza

cuzza Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done on your first fish and filleting ....its a great feeling to catch and cook your own fish fishing is a great hobby and the fish are a massive bonus ...i do a lot of coarse fishing and when u take nothing home it feels different ????

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

Stiff bladed one u want there easier to use.

12. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice pics lynn n a big well done,glad u enjoyed your trip :)

13. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, welldone done on getting your first fish, just dont give up on shore fishing, still cod and whitys about and from may the flounders will move into the harbours, they are greet fun on lite tackle

14. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done :) I always let my fillets 'o'fish soak in a bowl of cold water overnight before I cook them.
    When I've cooked them straight away they fall apart. :(

Hopefully I will be filleting my own on saturday on the Mistress :D :)

You should Join a club and join the ladies team, tons of experience there and you can chat about shoes while you fish ;D

( I'll get me coat ;D)

15. E.F.C. FOREVER

Dont you find if you leave them in water the shrink down ?? To be honest I like to leave mine for 2 days in the fridge then cook it.

16. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

If your fish falls apart it is cooked to fresh scrubbs,it needs to firm up by hanging over night,may be in your garage/shed,this then aids filleting n cooking,allways best to leave it to hang m8,otherwise it goes mushy/soggy ;)

17. Lynn_M

Thanks all ;D

I didnt know there was a ladies team ? but talking about shoes would bore me senseless lol ;D

We filleted our the same night then put them in the fridge , ate them the following night but did it chip shop style made up some batter and deep fried them and they were lush , chippys need to move aside haha . Fryer was in a right state by the time we were done lol ;D

18. snap off!

snap off! Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Howdo, the st mary have a ladys section, it works as you compeat agaisnt everyone, so u have a chance of been overall winner. Aswell as against other female's