1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

upgang tonight

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jc, Mar 9, 2018.

1. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

had a go tonight bit of sea on looked nice fished maccy strip,black lug mussel
    caught a couple of whiting
    couple of lads near whitby end had small codling
    on way back stopped at sandsend car park one fishing blank
    nice night though and enjoyed it

2. basha

basha Blenny

late reply.
    worth a throw john and atleast not a blank.
    I travelled through to the brigg sunday,not a lot to write home about,2 small mopps throw backs and a rougue doggy turned up that was it.might get out tomorrow for a few hours,prob hit pools low water over the rough stuff.not expecting great results but ive said that bfore and had a blinder.fancied hitting somewere tnite but the missus has decided to drag me out for a meal,i know what ide rather be doing but anything to keep the peace lol.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Might give the Ring of Stones a go his weekend if the easterlies prevail and the tides are ok. Hopefully pushed some fish into the estuary.

4. basha

basha Blenny

now dave.
    well worth a gamble mate,ive been finding north side of the heugh has been doing ok over the rough stuff,just between the heugh itself and the steps.tend to do better low to two hours up rather than down.fished the stones a good few months ago,didnt do a grt deal but like you say if the easterlys are on its a toss up between there and the g/light.

have you done much on the freshwater side dave,not been out in months been concentrating on the cod??

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Now Mark.

Haven't done much this winter due to damaging my leg and then the colds snap. All sorted now, so hoping to get out and do a bit soon mate. Got plans to get out after sea trout again this coming season and maybe a dabble for salmon. Hows your cod hunting been this winter?

6. basha

basha Blenny

its been hit n miss dave.to be fair when conditions have been ideal ive been busy.had my fair share mind done ok.probabely had more success away from all the top marks aswell,spontanious seshions spare of the moment things when conditions havnt been ideal,pretty much low water hits.biggest was just over 7lb couldn't hit that double,not for the sake of trying mind.awfull lot of mopps around this year which aint a bad thing suppose.did have a few good seshions up in Scotland mind.ile be waiting for the new season too start on get back on the barbell trail but will be travelling further affaild mainly wye/seven/ribble for a change,i was on the trent most of it last season........not fished for sea trout in yrs,used to fish for them in north wales and more locally danby and durham city but mainly night fishing for them on the fly.

7. Davo

Davo Rockling

I'm gonna be fishing for ST just below Durham, and theres some good bules in there too. Also good sized chub. Gonna get out with the beachy a couple of times Mark, and then concentrate on the rivers, and SIB fishing.

8. basha

basha Blenny

that's were I used to fish for the sea trout dave below the falls in durham and down to kepier wood.they'v built a housing estate down there now were we used to park or we would park in the ice ring car park.
    I was a regular down there for the winter dace it used to be the top place to head for.had a few bules n chub in my time and some huge slabs from down in the wood.dace fishing isn't the same anymore,like the tees just not as prolific as winters gone by shame really,but yes ive been broke off a few times when targeting dace on the sticky,presume bules or large chub.might pay the place a visit come new season,not sure on access now/parking etc.

9. Davo

Davo Rockling

Most of the free fishing has gone now Mark. Felling club have water from just below Kepier pool down stream for about 2.5 miles. They have a coarse section "only" within the club. Access is not too easy though, but ok if fishing Ban the Bomb pool, which is excellent for bules, and of course salmon.