1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Up gang access

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Jmeddy, Jan 12, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Be careful accessing the beach at up gang . Especially in the dark . As you drive down towards the slip as where it's rough gravel & hardcore it's given way due to recent rain and looks as though more is likely to go was down there for a walk with the dog .

Jon

• Like Like x 1
  2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Thank Jon. Like to take me dad down there for easy out of car fishing

3. Jmeddy

4. Jmeddy

No worrys mate I have taken a photo but it won't up load it though .

5. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i got down sunday in a quashkai but would not chance a saloon car with it defo bit dodgy the last bit

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Still ok to walk on!!

7. Jmeddy

Yeah fine to walk on Simon . Looks as though water is running all the way underneath washing it away . Dodgy in a car though if any more was to go

8. Roger Melly

Roger Melly Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I thought no cars were allowed down the ravine now ?Is it ok to,park at the bottom near or under the bridge ?

Roger

9. Jmeddy

Yes mate

10. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Can u acsess from whitby side via car

11. Jmeddy

Don't think you can Simon . Been trying to put a photo on but says image to large

12. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

looking at google maps you can accesss next to pavillion

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Yes a mate said u could but things change at times. Just easy for me dad if can get car down

14. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

You can park above the wall there is a small carpark and a propper path down a little steep coming back up easy going down but a little on the legs coming up .

I was brought up not far from upgange and as I kid fished down there long before the wall Was constructed there was old lifeboat slip there where the end of the wall is by the ravine we fished off it some very good memories had some tremendous nights down there still love the place thick tangle beds not far away and on a big ebb at low water you can actually reach them .

There was actually a cafe down there which was allways open in the summer .

Paul

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016