1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhelpful Whitby Anglers - Why don't people help each other more in fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Bucko what's up with it ?

2. bucko

bucko New Member

We got a new three way valve the other week but it won't switch to hot water- plumber reckoned it was a clock fault but couldn't touch it as he's not a sparky.

3. Dave

Dave New Member

just reading thjs post unhelpful anglers on here?? Can i say any questions i have ever asked have been answered really well and Big cliff has been really helpful with loads of advice about sandsend cliffs even though i have not managed to fish them yet!!

4. smokey

smokey Rockling

I,like many others on here have helped plenty of people who ask for advice,a damn sight more than the 3 you've helped Buzz :wink:
    It's always done either face to face on the cliff top or via Pm's on here as i don't believe the open forum is the place to discuss it :happy:
    I know who i have helped and that's enough for me,i don't crave thanks or big ups on the open forum and would rather keep it that way.
    Over the last 2 years i have on several occasions gone out of my way to meet up with people and show them the ropes on the marks in question and to see them get a fish while you are there is reward enough :yes:
    Most people who ask for help and info are genuine but there are some people out there that can only be described as using scumbags :yes:
    One of them never rings you all year,then the day before filey festival starts,you can guarentee they ring you,needless to say i don't answer to him any more.
    Another one who is also a highly respected match angler used me for 2 years to get the info he wanted then refused to take me on his turf in the whitby open a couple of years ago,he refused point blank to take me to a mark he fishes so that was the end of that :yes:
    I'd love to name and shame them on here but it's probably best kept private,what i am trying to say buzz is not everyone out there is playing with a straight bat :no:

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Thats one hell of a size average Paul , a size that most anglers could only dream about , catching a 4lb fish meant you had to
    get one 6lb next time , top angling that :yes: :wink:

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Most of us know who your on about Mart. Put it down to experience. Im always more than happy to show you anything up here you should ever need to know.

7. cps

cps Rockling

one thing i will say on giving advice on fishing marks is the two angers teacher and student need to be compatable in angling techneques
    foreinstance it would be no good me taking someone like steve coverdale to show him some of the places i fish as he would just not reach the holes where as say paul medd or andy crow would be fine
    same goes for weight of sea i like some marks with alot more sea than other people like for the same place

8. Baramundi Bob

One of the advantages of being a long caster Chris. But would it be worth Steve Coverdale showing you his marks ? I know at the moment that Andy Crowe and Ian Thompson are fishing together, and those 2 have very contrasting styles.

Interesting point you raise though !!

9. newbury1

newbury1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I am realy greatfull for the help that big cliff has given me, when eva iv asked for a few marks and baits ect he's always given advised and its helped me greatly ... but as many other people have said it doesn't make you a bad person if you dont want to give this info, each to there own and all that

Regards
    Martyn

10. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

Treat people as you want to be treated yourself - if you keep things a secret then why should anybody help you?

There was me thinking barbel fisherman were bad for this...!! I've fished a lot of rivers around the country and trying to get info about the head of barbel in a particular stretch of river is impossible unless you know the right people (John Bailey and Graham Elliott, I take my hat of to you both).

I'm not the greatest cod fisherman (to be honest pretty poor) but I would be more than willing to pass on any info I could to help others catch.

I've spent the last 8 years learning the Mull of Galloway and if somebody asked me for advice on the area, I would be more than willing to help but I would expect the same in return if I ever asked for help.

11. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Timbo are you the same lad that used to post on the bfw forum, ure river reports ?

12. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

Hi Ijakk,

Yes, I use to use the BFW site quiet a lot but haven't posted for the last couple of seasons due to politics on the site. The Yorkshire lads were always fine and very helpful.

I haven't been out this season much due to work and the weather. I've had a good few sessions of the Warwickshire Avon and also the Teme but the Yorkshire rivers haven't been great to me this season.

The Ure has produced some big pike for myself and a mate but the barbel have been a bit thin on the ground.

Once the weather improves, if you fancy a session, let me know.

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

dont know what your on about get a 4lb'er then had to get a 6lb'er next cast :confused: :confused: :confused:

i took mark dunbar onto this spot one night and we had 30 fish between us the biggest was 9lb 11oz mark weighed it at whitby angling, i had six fish over six pound in amongst my catch that night , there was just a big shoal of big fish around that area for a while and i luckilly stumbled upon them, some nights on there you just got tired of catching fish, it was unbalievable fishing to todays fishing :yes:

14. woody

woody New Member

how long ago was that lobbers ??

15. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeah nice one Tim, I haven't posted on bfw since they changed there log in system, can't be bothered with all the bitching. I haven't done hardly any freshwater shing this year, I had a couple of sessions last week trotting bread flake for chub on the Swale at Morton, I had a really good time, plenty of fish up to 5lb, makes a nice change from swinging round a 6oz lead all day. let me know about a session, either sea or river. The stretch of ure I fish hasn't done a barbel for about 3 years, which is a shame because there was a fish on there that was close to the river record, still a cracking river though.

Rich

16. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

Where were you reading about Denis?

17. Kevin Thompson

Kevin Thompson New Member

I'm with Chris on this one and prefer to fish alone. In addition, 99% of my fishing is match fishing and as there is only a limited amount of fish in front of you the less anglers fishing that venue the more chance you have of success.

18. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

If somebody is getting an average of 5lb each fish , if you get one 4lb and thats a nice fish you have to get a 6lb fish to keep the average at 5lb , If somebody gets a 100 lb + bag that equates into over 20 fish , 21 , 22 , 23 etc each of those have to be 5lb , Ive never
    had fishing like that myself but as you say it was dream fishing :yes: :wink: :wink:

19. Baramundi Bob

Only mention of Dennis on this forum is here :

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18980.0

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

so whats all the winking about allan, it wasn't even my best season for cod fishing , my best fishing was the mop years , when i had 52 codling on two rods off saltburn pier, my old mate gordon was the only one fishing that night , he had 22 codling on one rod, i,ll never forget it, mick ayton had fifty odd fish in one session that year, imagine that the fifty challenge in one night, if i had a two hook rig when i had fifty two codling , it might have been a lot more, it was like macky or even whitey bashing, far too easy, the sea was allive with codling, they were all between 1.5lb to 4lb, no big fish at all