1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhelpful Whitby Anglers - Why don't people help each other more in fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: Why don't people help each other more in fishing

What about me! :wink: :whistle:

Yep, top lads you mentioned Matty and are always very helpful. I've been lucky to of met/fished with some great guys off this forum in both sea and freshwater fishing that have helped me out so much. It has also been rewarding helping out a few others as well, more so on the kayaking side of things as my shore fishing isn't up to standard yet :embarrass:

2. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Paul what mean is if you want to get youngsters in the sport they want to catch fish or the will get board when I was younger I used to fish in Barry docks As a kid with my mates at the age 16 there wAs a top angler who used to win all the matches I new him through my brothers I used to fish some marks he fished On the Bristol channel and I learnt alot from him from pendulum casting and how fish certain marks and to this day I have a lot to thank him for because he went out of his way to help me

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Why don't people help each other more in fishing

I don't just mean Whitby anglers I mean in general who altered the name of my post

4. Robocod

Robocod New Member

Re: Why don't people help each other more in fishing

don't think their is a problem giving a few pointers. buzz has helped me out with some good advice... don't know if i will remember by next summer tho! so if you could send me them pics of which kelp stork and what angel to cast at it again.... :whistle: :whistle:

5. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Robocod is 1 of the lads who comes plugging with me and the 1 of the others is shammy 67

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Well, Well , Well, there is certainly a lot of talking on this post , :yes: but i cant see much help ,or the offer of it to anyone :crazy: so what is it all about then :suspious:

is someone trying for a few browny points :confused:

7. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Harry if your on about me Harry I'm not after browny points Im saying what people are thinking about the forum and are to spineless to say it Harry I have got people who help me there are 3 anglers who between them no this coast like the back of there hands they no who they are the one of them helps me alot and In return I tell him every were I caught bass from
    Cheers ian

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Bloomin heck Ian , dont think i have ever used the word creep in any post i have ever put up ,
    so please remove that remark,

i was talking about the content of the post , not commenting on the people posting into it :confused:

9. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

I have invited 3 people to come plugging with me next year I'm not saying people should put it on an open forum

10. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

I myself have taken people all over the place shown them what bait ,lure, tackle should be used,
    but thats enough of that :gum:

11. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Harry I now you and Gary and big cliff help people I mean in general

12. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

point Taken Ian, no offence intended to anyone, :cool:

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

you know me and secrets , I just dont do them , if somebody confided in me on a point and asked me to keep it quiet I would go with it
    but if somebody wants any info from me they can have it , one thing I dont like is when people send me a PM but they dont have the decency to say thankyou after they have received it , most people are very grateful , to those who didnt have the decency to reply
    please dont get in touch again [ rant over ] . What I have noticed over the many years of angling is those who want most tend to give
    least :yes:

14. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Can confirm Big Cliff is very helpful, given me all sorts of info on a few marks (always very much appreciated I might add). Bumped into him a few times at the valley gardens cafe, nice chap and is like a living Yorkshire Coast Google :cheesy:

I work on the basis that it's give and take. When you first start out admittedly it's more take than give but once you've a few years under your belt you can help other newbies. I've been lucky enough to help a few lads out with their kayak fishing and have made some good friends in the process, always rewarding.

15. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Must admit i don't normally contribute to threads like this but I believe that in general people DO help each other. I have had help, lots of it actually, some from people i have yet to meet, I have even had offers to show me marks and how best to tackle them. So ould say that the majority of people are very helpfull......................

16. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

I suspect Old Buzz, being a heating engineer, has made a killing with the recent and sustained cold period, hence he's enjoyed a few too many early festive brandy's and is trying to mix up an argument whist he eagerly awaits the arrival of Santa with some new plugs - he is a sly dog with marks though and gives nothing away, but little does he know they have been published on Wikileaks :educated:

17. littleshack

littleshack Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

LOL now that would be worth reading all that stuff

18. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Quint how your so wrong mate I'm not trying to stir things up If people have tryed on there own to catch bass or what ever why shouldn't somebody help them out I don't mind helping anybody. Ive been fitting solar pv or in laymans terms solar electric on my roof so me and my mate can get registered I will be fitting it in the new year I havnt bought any plugs yet I've been to busy playing grand turismo 5 and call of duty black ops

19. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

I am one of the lucky anglers Ian has kindly invited on a bass foray next year, as have other top anglers on this forum. Unfortunately work commitments meant I could not take up this years kind offers but cheers anyway guys you know who you are.
    I am really looking forward to next year and with a little help from a top bass angler I am confident of reporting my first lure bass.
    I feel there is a great deal of help by the majority of members as long as you are willing to work for it. After all we lesser skilled anglers cannot expect anything for nothing.
    As for people not even acknowledging help and advice when freely given well that is just shocking and out of order bigcliff.
    So from me its a great big thank you to all the members who are willing and able to share info.

20. bucko

bucko New Member

LOL, fair enough- I was only pulling your leg.

Fancy being helping me with a Baxi Solo 3 Boiler query, keeping in with the spirit of the thread and all that.