1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unhelpful Whitby Anglers - Why don't people help each other more in fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by ian 07, Dec 18, 2010.

1. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Why don't people help each other more in fishing reading about Dennis what's the point in talking your top marks to your grave I've already asked quint for his diarys there are people who will help others and there is people who won't I know it's each to there own two lads come plugging with me and when they catch fish on one of my marks the look on there faces and there smiles on there faces I get a buzz from seeing them catch fish I'm not saying people should share all there marks but what's wrong with helping people or taking someone with you after what happened to Glenn falling over on his own that could have been a lot worse than a lump on the head

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Re: Why don't people help each other more in fishing

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Classic! Coming from you Buzz, your favourite words are "it's a secret" :laugh: :laugh:

3. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Sam I do help people I new you would have something to say Sam
    There's 8 people Sam I've taken plugging this year with me

4. langy

langy Rockling

wheres your favourite mark

5. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Witch one do you want langy

6. bucko

bucko New Member

I see what you're saying Buzz and agree with some of your sentiments but, have hidden your full stops under your zonk box?
    Thats one hell of a long sentence!

7. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Just saying what plenty of us think Buzz.

Seriously though Buzz, there are many examples on this forum of you being secretive and you know that. First time I met you a few year ago you actually said 'it's a secret' when talking about the previous day's Bass fishing!

8. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Sam I now what your saying Sam the thing is this year I have helped people and I get a buzz when they catch bass I sent someone a pm on the forum saying that he can come with me he's tryed catching a bass on his own for 2 years and he hasn't caught one yet so I've invited him to come with me next year i think he more than qualifies for a bit if help

9. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Bucko i don't do full stops mate I'm Plumber not a writer

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Yep, that's more like it Buzz. Nice helping people out isn't it :yes:

11. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

I might as well tell you lot I've challenged quint the bass master to the biggest bass and the most bass next year

12. slug

slug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

as a newcomer ,the amount of help and good advice i have recieved from you guys on the forum(especialy woody and stick man) has been amazing! big thanks guys! but i totally respect anybody who wants tokeep things to themselves ,they have obviously worked very hard and put the time and effort in for what they have achieved , and i wouldnt expect them to spill the beans to some one they hardly know or some one who is not prepared to put the graft in. all i can say is ,im very grateful to those that do ,and way in the future ,if i ever grow out of my numptyness i will be more than happy to share what i have learnt with others. :yes:

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I dont have a problem with people keeping whatever info they want to themselvs, thats fine, but I think telling people that you have a top mark and your not telling anyone is just annoying.

I've had so much help from some top lads - GJW, Big Cliff, Dink etc there's plenty of people willing to help it cancels out the secretive ones

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

i have help advice from the buzztheplumberlightyear, i dont expect exact marks (but i ask, but thats me :laugh:)
    mr mole has given me help/advice but this summer i am looking forward to getting out and finding a bass or 2 on the lightest gear i can. i want to fish as light as possible for more sport.

so all i say is bring on the bass

15. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

Ducky just put alot of hours in at that area I told you about and you will be rewarded

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

Yes got.g to try and and get as much as possible

17. cps

cps Rockling

Dennis dose share things just with the select few :cheesy:

18. ian 07

ian 07 Guest

I don't no him chris I know it's up to each angler if they share any info or not

19. cps

cps Rockling

i think some anglers[ not all ] but including me like to fish alone and theres nothing worse then leting people know where youve been then going there on simler condishions to find said anglers right where you want to be is a tad anoying

some marks filey brig for one i dont mind fishing in a gang but others are defo solo marks

20. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Totaly agree with you their chris, if one of my marks that i fish alone is doing something special i would not share this with anyone appart from close freinds maybe, you dont want every man and his dog in there at all, occasionally this happens, a few years back i was nailing massive bags of cod averaging 5lb, in the space of seven weeks they were there on cue, and im talking of the best night being 100lb bag plus, and every time there was a little motion in the ocean they were there, i did advertise my success but put it on another mark. and the worst thing was i couldnt get the right conditions for it on a club night , because i would have destryed the club bag record. then one night they were gone. :hurt: