1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyneside fishing well

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 24, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Some cracking fish are still being taken along the shoreline. One of the best bags I have heard of for a long time was Paul Lee's nine-fish bag of 40lb taken from Hendon Wall - with Paul Peacock and Wayne Smith also taking fish to 9lb from Hendon.

Read full report at :

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/0200sport/angling/tm_headline=lee-wins-his-wall-game%26method=full%26objectid=18669623%26siteid=50081-name_page.html

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Heading up that way tomorrow to fish the Eastender,s match and I reckon I,ll be about as popular as Dirty Den after the last two matches. Will let you know whats caught.

3. Baramundi Bob

How often are these matches Ramrod and what are the prizes like ?

4. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

I,m not sure Glen but this will be the 3rd i,ve fished and they,re a good set of lads who run it. It,s a sweepstake and everyone puts a tenner in, only 54 people have fished the last two and the money was divided like this 1st £240 2nd £120 3rd £80 4th £30 heaviest bag £60. You get 45min to weigh in and about 15 min after that it,s payed out, no messing. Fishing times are 1 till 5. you can also claim more than one prize ( not like the Ship Inn sweepstake when you robbed me of heaviest bag ;D ) Last match I was 1st, 3rd + heaviest bag so it was well worth the trip up. I,m going on my lonesome tomorrow so if any one fancy,s a look up they are welcome to come but only one cos I,m bringing me mam back with me, bless. I forgot it,s Penn points too.

5. Baramundi Bob

Would love to join you some time, but not tomorrow Ray I'm preoccupied with our flaming club match. Be glad when the season is finished and can get back to enjoying my fishing again.

Thanks for the insight into the easteneders match though I'm always keen to know how other clubs etc run their business. Puts our club to shame really we put a pound in each, I think it works out 40p to the club and 60p into the match sweep, some anglers only pay 40p to the club refusing to go in the sweep (each to their own I suppose) so the payout for the match is usually around a fiver for 1st place.

6. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

A fiver! That would only cover the cost of the bus fare to Cayton Bay for my Christmas vacation :'(

7. Baramundi Bob

;D Butlins is quite nice for crimbo.

Lobbers told me that St Mary's fish for around 45 to 50 quid every Sunday. That sounds good to me.

Maybe we should organise a forum match next winter 5 or 10 quid a man one night, but we would have to run a handicap system with Ramrod only being allowed to fish on the beach at Filey.

8. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

The problem with our club glen is its stuck in the eights,
    to many greedy sods scared to dig in to thier pockets.

The forum sweep steak sounds like a good idea.

9. Baramundi Bob

Forum Sweepstake -

Whoose gonna pin Ray down whilst we tie one hand behind his back ?

We will have to sign Rambo up as a forum member :eek: ;D ;D

10. cps

cps Rockling

I,m going on my lonesome tomorrow so if any one fancy,s a look up

sounds good ray but you'd need to win some coin to pay for the gas in a scoobydo ;D

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

You must be getting mixed up between mine and Petes turbo Chris ;D

12. mww

mww Rockling

There can't be a finer advert for the durability of Subaru's than the fact that Pete's is still in one piece after 2 years!! Awesome!!!

Would have fancied a trip up north with you Ray, but slipped up again & told Mrs W that I'd finish painting no. 2 daughter's bedroom. Don't think it would be good for my health if I backed out now....

Good Luck anyway..

Mart

13. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Cheers Mart, i,m busy decorating too but got a day release ticket. Told our lass it,s a 12 hour match. ;D

14. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

you dont need to pin ray down, and yes we should organise a match for forum members, but lets have a pegged beach scratch match when all this winter codding is over(no need to pin ray), if ten of us turn up with a tenner each, £100 to the winner and loads of good crack.
    plus i will be able to give ray a valuable lesson in the art of scratchin, for when he is in the penn sea league final, and he has to go for millions of tiddlers, we could do measure and release.
    easy to sort ;D ;D
    mind you saying that our lass would prob give the lessons in that one :eek:

15. fubar

fubar Guest

many appologies as usual wrong end of stick. :D

16. Baramundi Bob

17. cps

cps Rockling

Mart
    [/quote]
    i'll second that mart 8 years on mine then crow dog for a year or so and still going now with it's present owner , just so dam thursty even the landy gets close to the mpg the scooby got

18. Doc

Doc New Member

What the f**k you on about Chris, speak English man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

PS You'll need plenty of becks at the weekend ::) ::) ::)

19. Dav

Dav Rockling

That sounds good , up for that like , as for scooby doo`s , reliability tell my fooker , just had a full rebuild at alot of expense due to melted piston :-[.... will have to slow down in the future lol...