1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyne Report (Ben is back on form)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigpaul, Oct 6, 2007.

1. bigpaul

bigpaul New Member

Well had a phone call yesterday afternoon off pigeon ian asking how i was etc and if there was anywhere fishing well i said try the tyne there is still fish about,so i met up with ian last night at 9pm at the walkway it was chocker block so we decided to fish off the groyne halfway up not right off the end cause its really rough ground and ben was with us and ians freinds nice metting you lads.

Well after ians last outing and ben blanking he got slated off his dad so i had to try and get ben into the fish to get his own back and get him on form again.

Ben got set up and got his line straight in the water and bang first cast resulted in this rockling.
    [​IMG]

Well its definatly wasnt gone be a blank for ben lol but was it for his dad lol,ben second cast resulted in a double shot of small codling.
    [​IMG]

By this time none of us had caught a fish yet lol bens line straight back out in the water wasnt long before the youngman was into another fish this time a lovely plaice what a fish this was for ben.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

After this it was my turn i managed to bring in a small dab followed by a flounder one of ians friends got a coalie, ben managed another double shot of small codlings and things stated to go quiet a bit then ians freind got another coalie his other mate got a crab, i thought right time to switch to the bait i was getting the codling on the other night fresh yellowtails as i was trying to keep most of these for a session on the pier on sunday so baited up a single 2/0 pully rig with 1 fresh black and 1 fresh yellowtail.
    Result within seconds of cast out straight away a good knock resulting in this codling below weighting in at 1lb 6oz was going to put it back as it was lip hooked but when i got the hook out lol i droped the fish so gutted it and gave it to one of ians freinds.

[​IMG]

Everyone had one more chuck and we ended up calling it a day a good night with some good banter cant wait for our next session.

OH YES GUESS WHO WAS THE ONLY PERSON TO BLANK ALL NIGHT

YES!!!!!!!!!!....PIGEON IAN..IAN YOU NEED TO ASK YOUR SON BEN FOR SOME LESSONS MATE IM AFRAID.

2. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

well done lads and a great report as usual paul.many thanks for sharing your night's fishing with us. 8)

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Wondered where Ben had got to he posted all the time last winter then went quiet on us. Good to know he still enjoying the fishing. Well done on the plaice Ben, My pb plaice weighed about 3 ounces ;).

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

Well Done Ben thats a lovely Plaice m8
    Nice one
    Show them how its done Ben good lad.

5. cod master

cod master New Member

well was a good night..... dont forget my star fish at the end

6. Pigeon Ian

Pigeon Ian New Member

lobbers i need some tips m8 ................lol