1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Dogs Whitby Charter Boat

Discussion in 'Charter Boats & Tackle Shops.' started by Baramundi Bob, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A new website for one of Whitby's finest Skippers - John Wilford who skippers his boat Two Dogs.

http://twodogswhitby.co.uk

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Canny looking boat that :cool:

3. bigbob1

bigbob1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice braice of pollock wot did they come out on ?shads

4. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

not 100% about shads ,john himself tends to use the jelly worms and some of his anglers only fish for pollack ,i'll let you know soon as i find out prob thurs /fri

5. The Rookie

The Rookie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can you target pollock by using jelly worms while others using shad/bait? Going out next monday.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yes , I believe you can. Im no expert but Im told you just do more turns of the handle. Instead of 10 turns you should wind maybe 30 or so. Im told most pollock are well above the wrecks, often in the mid water section.

John on 2 doggs loves his pollock fishing as does Paul Eddon on trot on. If you wanted to pollock fish then they would be worth contacting.

7. The Rookie

The Rookie Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Thanks for the advice. If weather good will be out on monday with Mick on Sea Urchin.

8. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

ive been pollack fishing with john as we were fishing for cod on shads, john tends to have about a 14 ft trace as we have 3 - 4ftand he turns his reel around 20-40 turns depending on the bites and keeps account of how many turns he does when he catches one then repeats it,if not a single bite just drop down and same process,but retrieve your jelly really slow and remember to set your clutch as they bomb down into the reckage ,