1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Fishing Trot On - September Round up

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fazbats, Oct 1, 2015.

Tags:
  1. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Sorry for not posting earlier but with crewing aboard Trot On and the dreaded "Day Job" Time has been in short supply. Also I have had problems with this new format. (Big Thanks to Killer for putting me right )

Right here we go

Saturday 12th Sept
    We had a team of 6 novice anglers on from Doncaster who booked the boat and what a day they had!
    Stef the organizer had fished before but not for 20 years the other lads were all 1st timers.
    We steamed out to the 18 mile to a wreck that had been producing well for us. As soon as we arrived Dolly took one look at the sounder and said "This looks promising"
    [​IMG]

True to his word as soon as the lads dropped their traces they were into fish with Stef hitting a double shot of coddling
    [​IMG]

Not to be out done his mate was also into a double shot of coddling
    [​IMG]

We had quite a few nice fish aboard, Nothing BIG but a nice stamp of fish between 3-8lb
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Even Dolly had a drop with the little ice rod we have aboard, It handles a lot better now it is fitted with a Slosh and is a laugh a minute
    [​IMG]

The lads had plenty of fillets to take home between them
    [​IMG]

Sunday 13th saw us heading down Scarborough way looking for a big ling. Unfortunately we were just finding straps all day and no festival winners.

While I had to go back to the day job Perry was at home through the week and went out with Dolly and what a day they had.

Steve Locker with a nice looking coddling to add to his growing box full
    [​IMG]

Rob showing him how to do it in two's
    [​IMG]

And Big Anth with a nice double shot

[​IMG]
    Although not too sure about the shorts and welly's

Perry quite enjoyed playing with the little green rod
    [​IMG]

Then Paul Kitchen from Leeds hooked into this beauty landing him £1000 for the winning festival fish.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Also making Dolly the 1st skipper to "Do the Double" of festival wins Twice in 3 years. A BIG well done to the angler and Skipper.

Saturday 26th Sept Saw us booked with the Castleford Polish Posse (Who I work with)
    Once again we went out to the 18 mile mark and straight away was into the fish again

Christian with the 1st fish aboard
    [​IMG]

Jiggers seemed to be the order of the day and were fishing better than the shads had been doing of late a one lad in particular had come loaded with a BIG supply of them
    [​IMG]

It turned out he was fishing with a broken hand and by the end of the day his face told of the struggle he was having
    [​IMG]

I'm not too sure of the Polish style of baited Jigger but if you don't try you never know I guess
    [​IMG]

The lads really enjoyed their annual trip out with us and all went home with quite a few fish
    [​IMG]

Sunday 27th Saw us chasing all over the North Sea as the fishing had slowed down today. While we were still catching each drift it was not as prolific as it had been. Dolly stopped on a particular wreck and said " This is where the boat sweep will be won" And true to his word on the 2nd drift Trot On Regular Martin hooked into this PB Ling of 17lb making him £50 better off and one happy chappie
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for reading and hope you enjoyed the September round up for Trot On Charters

Don't forget the Forum uptide festival is on from the 7-22 Nov with only 3 boats involved, Trot On, Sea Otter and Sea Urchin you need to get booked on ASAP as places will be at a premium.
    Give Dolly a call on 07766995847 and get your place secured

Regards
    Carl

• Like Like x 1
  2. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great write up & pics Carl sounds like you've been having a right time

3. SteveLee

SteveLee Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Excellent report

4. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

It has been MAD for the last 5-6 weeks mate. OK no Monster cod but a very nice stamp of fish. Dolly does have a knack of pulling a nice fish out of the hat at times though. Fingers crossed he finds some good ones in the forum festival.....

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Cheers Steve, It took some time to work this new look forum but thanks to Killer for putting me right. Not being very computer literate it was a challenge to start with. I was missing the "Tag" whatever that is. I could manage to reply to a post but not create one

6. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Top class report Carl....Jiggers at the ready eh? Back to cod fishing like it was before Shads hit the scene but by going by your little rod we won't be seeing a come back of 50lb class rods and Scarborough reels quite yet.
    Well done to Dolly for yet "another" festival win under his belt.

7. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Cod fishing like it used to be! It seems as though each method has it's day, Some days it's shads, Some days it's jiggers, Some days it's bait and Some days the fish just don't want to play at all. I think the secret is to have all options available. That's why I want one of those jigger bags (Tackle Tart)

The little rod could manage it! I've had a treble shot of 5lb codlings on it
    [​IMG]
    so I guess a 20lber would be interesting although it would have to be a VERY light pirk as it has a right bend in it to start with when it has a 6oz lead on

• Like Like x 1
  8. rupert

rupert Blenny

Brilliant report and photos - thank you.

The polish beer pirk made me smile!