1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trot On Report - Perry the Apprentice Is Learning The Ropes

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, May 17, 2014.

1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all as promised heres our latest Trot On report.... well just look at this

[​IMG]

that was 7.am this morning its been like it all day red hot...... the lads onboard today had never fished before in there lives and dolly asked me to crew for him which obviously I did ;-)

we hit a few wrecks on the way out to be honest was dissapointing but is expected with the "may water" but managed a few but with the lads been inexperienced in the wrecking game and a massive language barrier in our way he decided to go that extra mile and steam on to the wall there was a couple of boats that had made the same choice and all 3 of us had cracking days all be it us a little late into the mix.

However the lads managed to get straight into the fish even 2 at a time ...... seems a regular thing at the wall ;-)

[​IMG]

One of lads with a nice ling

[​IMG]

All the lads had a cracking day and are planning another trip soon.

P.s. just to let you all know paul has been showing me the ropes on setting up over wrecks, ground ect ....... he let me set my first drift up today and we managed 12 fish ...... surely if ya level that out that makes me Whitbys most prolific skipper hahaha get that in ya pipe and smoke it EDDON KILPATRICK WARD !!!!!

Haha joking by the way cracking day at sea hopefully many more to come this year ;-) as its showing stronger and stronger signs still of it been a corker ;)

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice work perry, youll be kicking their ar$es soon enough buddy.

3. Baramundi Bob

I guess by "May water" your talking about the algea ?? Has this slowed the fishing up for the time being ?? I noticed that all Killers pics from yesterday had file names called Algie, I think he is noticing it too but just hasnt said.

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yes glenn algea is present mate it gets clearer the further out but there is fish inside aswell mick on avante and pete rose both said they had reasionable days and they were nowhere near as far out as we were.

I don't think its as bad as last year the algea certainly is not showing out at that distance and as tides drop next week paul explained that it will more than likely drop out of the water ...... so hopefully from next week omwards the shadding should be on fire all over and guess whos back at bloody work .....

Another point worth making is for the lads who are putting off coming to whitby after last years shocking season should really take note of these catch reports compared to last year..... the sheer number were clipping fish at now is more than we were doing in the height of the season last year so dont let last year put you off ........ ITS FISHING AFTER ALL :D

5. Howard

Howard Blenny

Algea was thick as Ive ever seen it offside on wed. and yet we bagged up. All we could say was maybe the blooom is well up in the water. They were not taking shad mind all jigger. Thursday middle wrecks was clear as a bell and yet no fish! Friday offside again clear as a bell but fewer fish. (think we caught em all).

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

Is that what it does howard ??? tend to lift off the bottom just before it totally drops out the water ??

7. Jmeddy

Jmeddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice report n pictures perry I'm out next Friday weather permitting . Your doing a cracking job putting the reports up for Paul mate good on ya .

John

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

Least I can do really john if hes teaching me how to skipper aint it......
    Hope ya well and unfortunately I wnt get to see ya as I am going back to work.
    Fishing should be very very good by then mate I think last year was just a blip in the excellent fishing this area has on offer fingers crossed anywsy

9. Baramundi Bob

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

[​IMG]Ive downloaded a photoshop app for my phone glenn just starting to get to grips with it ...... would I be able to endorse whitby sea anglers on the photos ?

11. Baramundi Bob

Please do, thats the whole Idea. we help you, you help us.

12. E.F.C. FOREVER

Thats no problem just give me a bit of time to get used to it and will get started with it .

13. Baramundi Bob

Get dolly to buy you a nice camera. Something for under a hundred quid is far superior to any phone camera on the market.

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

I have got a Panasonic one glenn I going to leave it on boat for dolly while im away..... will u inbox me a good camera for 150-200 quid as I might invest myself in a new toy ;-)

15. Baramundi Bob

Ok mate I will do.

16. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers glenn ....

17. MrQuint

MrQuint Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good work Perry and an excellent report which I enjoyed reading.I agree with your comment about catch rates in my view and speaking as a relative novice this season is set to be a good one.
    We put the hours in on our boat and adopt a realistic perspective, in other words its a boat trip and catching fish is a bonus.That said, last weekend the algae varied depending on tide,distance etc,etc.and as such the catch rate reflected the conditions particularly the big tides.
    Generally speaking my experience is if you listen to advice and learn to filter some of it and apply diligence in terms of working at fishing to the conditions and above all adopting a positive perspective the fish will eventually come.
    So once again keep up the good work and look forward to seeing your next report as Dolly's "apprentice"!

Karl