1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

TROT ON II - MAIDEN VOYAGE (With Pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fazbats, Nov 25, 2012.

Tags:
  1. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I received a call from Paul Eddon on Friday inviting me on a trip on his new boat Trot On II the following day, As the weather looked good and he wanted to give the boat a run out.
    Jumping at the chance try out the "Blyth cat"
    I rang my fishing hoppo Terrier Dave to see if he was up for it. Unfortunately Dave had just booked a job in for Saturday morning and could not cancel. ( Which proved to be a BIG mistake mate LOL) :yes: :yes: :yes:

We had arranged a 07:30 sailing.
    So like a kid at Christmas, It was to be a restless nights sleep for me with the anticipation of going fishing :tired: :tired:
    You all know what it is like :yes: :yes: :yes:

Saturday morning came to a frozen start, Having to scrape the ice off the car, A quick defrost and that was me off on the 90 miles trip from Wakefield to Whitby.
    The fog was pretty bad over the moors and speed was down to 20mph at times this was NOT a good start to the day :no: But once at the top of Blue Bank the fog was clearing and the drive was a little less hazadous.
    Pulling into Church Street car park was a joke. I have never seen it as full so early and no spaces were available so dropping my gear off with Malc Pitman I had to drive around to the other side to park, Today was just getting worse and worse :yes: :yes:

Well eventually I got onboard Trot On II
    And was met by the only other guest onboard a chap from North Nottinghamshire called Martin

What can I say ?
    The boat is MASSIVE, Easily fishing 4 across the stern and full walk around deck. This boat could easily fish with 20 anglers on never mind a full boat of 12. I could not believe how much space there was,
    It also has a toilet onboard and hot and cold running water which proved to make a plesant change instead of sticky hands after baiting up

Dolly at the helm of his new pride and joy leaving whitby harbour
    [​IMG]

Fog around the top of the cliffs
    [​IMG]

Hopefully this sun will burn it off
    [​IMG]

After a quick drift on the first wreck with nothing to show for it Dolly said right wind them up we are off to the wall, Cruising at 16+ Kn
    [​IMG]

This was my first time on a Catamaran and I have to say, What a stable ride. OK so the sea was not bad but there was no pitching and rolling when at drift. Unlike last week when my knees took a battering from leaning upside of the boat I was on

The first drop, 2 rods were straight in and it turned out to be a comical race to land the first is on Trot on II which was won by Arbutts Cafe owner and new Trot On skipper Ganz (Might have misspelt that)
    After that we had a fantastic couple of hours on the fish with me landing 8 fish from the first drift ( It was a long one with no wind and tide to move us along) a mixture of cod and ling all falling to squid bait after about 11:30- 12:00 things started to quieten off so it was cabin windows open radio playing and a good bit of craic,
    Calling it a day early afternoon we set off to be back in port for 15:30

H[​IMG]ere is me with 2 from the first drift
    try this

[​IMG]

If your into boat fishing, You really do have to try Trot on II.
    Catamarans ARE the way forward, Space, Speed, Comfort, Stability. So a very BIG thanks to Paul for the invitation and a great day out fishing with very good company

(I hope these pictures come out, As I am not very good with a computer)

2. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Oh Bu**er the pics did not come out

3. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I can see the pictures.

4. Misso

Misso Blenny

WELL JEL LOOKING FORWARD TO NEXT YEAR

5. John e Ashford

John e Ashford When the going gets tuff we go fishing

I have many a happy years fishing with Paul, but his boat looks the dogs bo%%&*$.

Looking forward to many fantastic fishing adventure reports from on Tort-On II. :cool:

6. 105

105 New Member

thanks carl nice one mate
    she is the dogs bolxxxs
    an mr ashford nice to here from you me old mate
    hope ya keeping ok
    cheers paul

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

She i a lovelly lump of boat paul i am sure you will have some fun with her .

paul.

8. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Excellent report.
    Thanks Mick.
    ps i thought 70 miles from Consett was a long way.

9. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Isaw her last week next to sea otter when on a trip with paul. Fine looking boat

10. dad

dad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice boat Paul, cant wait for next spring. Hope our Lee has booked early.

11. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

looks mint mate il have to have a run off with you some time bud

12. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Lovely looking craft Paul,best of luck with her.