1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trot on hard work but managed 3rd in daily prize.

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Nov 3, 2014.

1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi all I'm afraid this report isn't going to say what a fabulous time we had at sea yesterday fishing.
    Because it was hard work unfortunately where we steamed was as dolly described
    Bamboo canyon .....(most likely because the potting boats are sick of the scallopers towing there gear away and smashing up the ground) a potting boat from scarbrough potter come along side and said that the majority of ground that they work is affected
    When will they realise there is no a quick fix on this ! Anyway as I said the fishing wasn't the best but the 3 lads who took the boat were all competent anglers and a great laugh it never seemed to damped there spirits that the tide wasn't the best and we couldn't get where we wanted at start of the day.

Attached Files:

2. E.F.C. FOREVER

I can assure you by the end of this week it will be a different story 24 hours of sea to stir the ground up midweek and growing tides only says ....... Time for some belting fish ;-)

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Nice Honest report there Perry, Shame it wasn't as expected. Although 3rd in the Daily's is not bad considering and some nice pics as well . Getting giddy for Fri, Sat mate. Might be better with the tides building. Each day is different mate, That's why it's called fishing and not catching ;) ;) ;D ;D ;D

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

True Carl thankfully we had good anglers on that knew the score and yeah mate should be all guns blazing by time you get over ;-)

5. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

High Perry ,
    As the results show across all the boats it was hard going but the fish are there and with the tides building and a bit of a build up in the sea middle of this week putting in movement and more colour the fishing will improve.If we had an extra hour on those fish which were of a better stamp who knows Dolly might of had the daily prize for the biggest bag,but its also about the day and ill get my own back on the lads for the p@ss taking and banter you get on these trips and long may it happen.Thanks again to Dolly and yourself Perry for a great day out..........and for you lads that have never done uptiding but do shore fishing its right up your street and you just might win a thousand quid try it get in touch with Dolly or any of the other skippers.
    DMC

6. MrQuint

MrQuint Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Accurate report Perry,Dave Keith and I knew the tide wasn't ideal for Uptiding however our attitude is, it's a Festival so give it go.
    Listening to you and Dolly is akin to having Statler and Waldorf on the boat as you said the banter was good all day.
    Thanks for filleting the fish.
    We were in the right spot, as Dave said we have fished that area regularly and done pretty well.
    Good luck to you and Dolly for the rest of the Festival.
    Thanks to the other skippers and of course the sponsors.
    Many thanks to Jim the float I have said this previously he is a real gent.

See you out there.

Karl.

7. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers for your positive feedback lads was a pleasure fishing with you and to meet a couple more lads off the forum.
    Look forward to seeing all 3 of you again.
    Paul still has places available in the festival with great tides still up for grabs call
    Paul on 07766995847
    To book your place and hopefully bag a grand

8. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

straight report & nice pics Perry shame there weren't a few more fish around for you hope theres a few when we get there