1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trot On 2 - Gearing Up For A Whitby Angling Festival Hat-Trick

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Sep 12, 2013.

Tags:
  1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?action=tags;tagid=2365

LING LING LING

That was the order the fish came in today aboard Trot On 2,

There was plenty for everyone onboard aswell. Today started out quite slow a couple of drifts came up with nothing but whiting blegs and a couple of undersize codling.....

however a quick change from shads to bait and BANG !!!! the ling were on it. Feeding like a fat kid in a cake shop. The biggest was around 16-17 lb and must of been into double figures with the 10lb plus fish,

my best was just over 11lb and I had a few round the 8lb mark all the lads onboard caught a canny few so everyone wss happy...... with the autum festival just about to start trot on 2 is going for the hatrick of festivals this year spring summer autumn. ..... would be a fantastic achievement for the boats first year in the harbour. ......

heres a couple of photos from today

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]

Good luck to all in the 2013 autum festival

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: TROT-ON 2 ....GEARING UP FOR THE HATRICK

Great stuff Perry, well done matey.

3. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers glen only had 4 anglers on but each one of them had over 10 fish each easy good considering the year its been. Not that I am a seasoned pro or owt ...... a couple of the lads lost better fish aswell so if it stays like this ( highly unlikely) a big ling has to win the festival dolly said other day that they had bowt 70/80 codlings on board the biggest only went 5-6 lb although there good table size not festival winners but today was all ling..... will be interesting to see if some of the skippers have a pop at uptiding if the weather picks up as forecast says

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Sunday and Monday weather looks horrendous

5. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yep but it won't bother me........ tenerife m8 :)

6. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Bloody sods law booked on with Dolly a full boat of us ............. Fingers crossed it might change :-(

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

7. Misso

Misso Blenny

Nice one mate you back in shore for festival just booked with Paul for 26

8. E.F.C. FOREVER

Comr back off holiday tuesday 24th fishing 25th eotk 26th .......:-(

9. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Some nice fish there Perry, Looks like you had a good day mate. Were they all taken on bait? It would be something special if Dolly can find the Winning fish as a hat-trick for the new boat would be good. Fingers crossed it's me that hooks into it LOL

I am out on the 26th and 27th so LEAVE some for me if you get out on the 25th. Have a good holiday mate and don't get too sun burnt as it's looking nice and warm on the 5 day forecast over there (up to 29 deg) have a few San Miguel for me and Hasta Luego Amigo

10. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yrs carl all on bait couple on shad but better fish on fresh mackerel and odd one on squid ..... sounds like weather going to be much better ober there than here ....fingers crossed for you with festival m8 hopefully everyone has s good one and csn not wait for the beer to start flowing. ....... like I need a exuse ^-^

11. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I just might have to try get out before the 26/27 as I don't seem to have been out this year as many times as I would have liked But it's difficult juggling between work, weather, and availability on the boat.
    Is the Mackerel still about in numbers?

12. E.F.C. FOREVER

Yes but no longer around the bell bouy I would say they are ready to go and if we get that weather that's due could well be thr end of them mate......used them jig heads for 1st time on Thursday credit ehere credits due mate very well made

13. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Cheers mate! Glad they were OK , Just been "Cooking" today, made 48 x 40g and 50g with 6/0 hooks, 36 x 18g, 20g, 25g with 3/0 and 36 x 12oz and 12 x 8oz quick drop for the boat.
    Trouble is I am making a dent in my lead supply and am having to wait for my lead supplier to come good ;)

Are you having a good holiday so far?

14. E.F.C. FOREVER

Just got here m8 and its brilliant ...... leave the lead supplies to me I have a m8 of a m8 .....;-)